Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Infrastructure FC

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What I find poor is that they spend £19 million on a player, yet still have dreadful facilities (toilets, catering, view etc) for both home and away fans.

Sure, we had far, far worse facilities at Withdean, but we didn't go around spending ridiculous amounts of money whilst we were there.

At least some of the money they get from TV should be made to go into improving their facilities.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I don't have an issue with Bournemouth.

And I think 'Infrastructure FC' and that thing a few weeks ago about being updated on their finances was pretty funny to be honest.

I remember the years and years of us and them being utter irrelevances squeezed into 15 seconds at the end of South Today and find it hard to get titsy about them to be honest.

Howe is still smug though.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

And I think 'Infrastructure FC' and that thing a few weeks ago about being updated on their finances was pretty funny to be honest.

I remember the years and years of us and them being utter irrelevances squeezed into 15 seconds at the end of South Today and find it hard to get titsy about them to be honest.

He has that tight lipped smile and dead eyes that I associate with a rapist who gets off with it because his victim was drunk.

I’m sure he’s a lovely guy...not a rapist...but you get what I mean.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

A succession of BBC South Today and ITV local sports presenters banging on about Stains, even when they were League One. Lazy as on their doorstep and biased.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
My dislike for Bournemouth goes back to 1971-72, first real footie agro witnessed on Boxing day, and ted McDougal handball goal at dean Court.

True. All real Brighton fans know that Bournemouth are our true rivals, it's only those bleedin' JCLs who go on about Palace ...

*Ducks out of thread before the abuse rains down*

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Last night in their weekend goals roundup, the BBC South Today reporter referred to Bournemouth as "The Poppies".

I loved that, SO much :lolol:

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
True. All real Brighton fans know that Bournemouth are our true rivals, it's only those bleedin' JCLs who go on about Palace ...

*Ducks out of thread before the abuse rains down*

Bournemouth used to be ********s in the 70's

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can we buy Brooks, pretty please!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Last night in their weekend goals roundup, the BBC South Today reporter referred to Bournemouth as "The Poppies".

I commented on that to my other half because I thought I was hearing things. He confirmed that's what they'd said.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think some of the dislike stems from the mismatch between the lovely romantic fairy story of a little club from rural Dorset somehow challenging the big boys against all the odds and the reality of a wealthy Russian owner who decided to ignore FFP when other clubs were playing by the rules.

Quite. And Albion fans have long memories.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He has a lot to be smug about. What I dislike is that he is admired for attacking football - when we saw his team sent out to kick lumps out of us - as they couldn't match us at football. I think t might have been the phantom handball game.

Yes, not forgetting leaving the boot in on Ankergren breaking his nose, and an elbow to Tommy Elphick's face.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I commented on that to my other half because I thought I was hearing things. He confirmed that's what they'd said.

It is Bournemouth Football Club (who play in the Wessex League), as opposed to Premier League AFC Bournemouth, who are nicknamed the Poppies.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It is Bournemouth Football Club (who play in the Wessex League), as opposed to Premier League AFC Bournemouth, who are nicknamed the Poppies.

But the commentator was showing footage of our FA Cup win (and I am in the BBC SouthEast region, so wouldn't get Wessex league results)

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I have nothing to dislike about Bournemouth, in fact I am pleased for them. They are kicking well above their weight and like us will probably be relegated one day.At least we will still have a nice ground and training setup.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Sadly I tweeted that as ian Palmer is fecking useless and they changed it by the late evening bulletins went out!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He has a lot to be smug about. What I dislike is that he is admired for attacking football - when we saw his team sent out to kick lumps out of us - as they couldn't match us at football. I think t might have been the phantom handball game.

Harry Arter last season comitted a few coward’s red card challenges last season, which refs balls-up. Snide.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here