Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Infrastructure FC

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What was the strange counting they were doing when Steele was taking goal kicks? Were they trying to prove a point about tine wasting? If so - very odd - he didn't seem to take long at all.

Noticed that and smiled on the occasion when they got to 10 before he’d got rid of the ball, so had to start the count again.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
They’re right about one thing, David Brooks is clearly the real deal. You had to admire his impact in the second half. The kid has a huge future and was the best player on the pitch.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They’re right about one thing, David Brooks is clearly the real deal. You had to admire his impact in the second half. The kid has a huge future.

Agreed. He won't be at Bournemouth for too long.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
They’re right about one thing, David Brooks is clearly the real deal. You had to admire his impact in the second half. The kid has a huge future.

Yeah, just 21 and he was their go to guy when they needed a turn-around. He was hard to get the ball off and made things happen. Kid has a very bright future if he can stay fit and stay in a premier league 1st XI

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Most established Premier League clubs that get relegated do so by either being complacent or misplaced belief that they think they can do better so try and change (Stoke). We have to accept, unless we get really lucky like Leicester did, we will only be a Premier League average club, whether fans can accept this is something that really concerns me.

Only nine of the 49 clubs to have played in the Premier League have not been relegated from it at some point: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham, plus ourselves, Bournemouth and Huddersfield. Huddersfield look like they are going to join the majority this year. Sooner or later we and Bournemouth will go the same way. The key is what comes next. My concern for Bournemouth is not that they will return to the lower level with stories to tell their grandkids of when they challenged the big boys, more that they'll be telling stories of when Bournemouth used to have a football team. Portsmouth survived by the skin of their teeth and they averaged crowds much higher then Bournemouth's Premier League crowds throughout their time in Division 2. Massive clubs like Villa and Sunderland have taken hard financial hits from relegation. Without Demin's money, even with parachute payments, Bournemouth may not have the stability to take the hit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Most established Premier League clubs that get relegated do so by either being complacent or misplaced belief that they think they can do better so try and change (Stoke). We have to accept, unless we get really lucky like Leicester did, we will only be a Premier League average club, whether fans can accept this is something that really concerns me.

And there, in a nutshell, is the reason why teams like us (although needing to make sure we finish 17th. or above) should be taking the cups (yes, the League Cup as well) seriously -because they are the only trophies we have a chance of winning; success there - and forays (even if unsuccessful, utilising a lot of the youngsters) into Europe. That is our route to development and improvement. Top four? Not in the foreseeable future, I fear; certainly not in my lifetime I imagine.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
And there, in a nutshell, is the reason why teams like us (although needing to make sure we finish 17th. or above) should be taking the cups (yes, the League Cup as well) seriously -because they are the only trophies we have a chance of winning; success there - and forays (even if unsuccessful, utilising a lot of the youngsters) into Europe. That is our route to development and improvement. Top four? Not in the foreseeable future, I fear; certainly not in my lifetime I imagine.

Surely not planning to die in the next five years:moo:

el punal

Thing is, important I think for those that look to survive every season, and God forbid, if we were to go down we can consolidate. Clubs like Bournemouth and Palace will crash and burn on their income to expenditure if they found themselves in the Championship.

A valid point. I was reading an article recently that gate receipts only account for 4% of their revenue. If true - ouch!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only nine of the 49 clubs to have played in the Premier League have not been relegated from it at some point: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham, plus ourselves, Bournemouth and Huddersfield. Huddersfield look like they are going to join the majority this year. Sooner or later we and Bournemouth will go the same way. The key is what comes next. My concern for Bournemouth is not that they will return to the lower level with stories to tell their grandkids of when they challenged the big boys, more that they'll be telling stories of when Bournemouth used to have a football team. Portsmouth survived by the skin of their teeth and they averaged crowds much higher then Bournemouth's Premier League crowds throughout their time in Division 2. Massive clubs like Villa and Sunderland have taken hard financial hits from relegation. Without Demin's money, even with parachute payments, Bournemouth may not have the stability to take the hit.

I agree with all that, apart from the bit I highlighted. Bournmouth are a nothing club that has been injected with money steroids, and their fanbase has embraced this (perhaps understandably). But they are no more a real viable club than any tiny nonentity injected with money steroids. Gillingham, Swindon, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers.....and countless similar northern clubs (who, frankly, probably have more loyal support) injected with money steroids would be the same. The only issue of relevance here is to what extent will the owners carry on pumping the money steroids if/when the club are relegated. Funnily enough my guess is that they will carry on, at least until and unless they look like dropping down further. The real crash and burn clubs over the last few years are those run by stubborn old school English self made man types (going back to the decline of Man City, followed by Blackburn, Wigan and others), or foreign crooks (Birmingham, Leeds). Not sure that the Plucky ownership fits either of these stereotypes.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I agree with all that, apart from the bit I highlighted. Bournmouth are a nothing club that has been injected with money steroids, and their fanbase has embraced this (perhaps understandably). But they are no more a real viable club than any tiny nonentity injected with money steroids. Gillingham, Swindon, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers.....and countless similar northern clubs (who, frankly, probably have more loyal support) injected with money steroids would be the same.

Brighton?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brighton?

Exactly not. We are a club that has slowly been developed by a careful process of good diet, exercise, homework, neighbourliness in the community, and injections of carefully measured therapeutic money, over a sustained period of time. Yes, we could have emulated Bournmouth by renting and upgrading Withdean to a magnificent 10,500 capacity, and spending steroidal amount of money on players......but we didn't.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
They’re right about one thing, David Brooks is clearly the real deal. You had to admire his impact in the second half. The kid has a huge future and was the best player on the pitch.

He was in the league game too. He looks an excellent player. I was thinking it's only a matter of time before we see him in an England shirt. Turns out the bloody Welsh have done it again and nicked in and taken him as a teen. Can't they produce any decent young players for themselves?

As for this thread, who really gives a **** what one bournemouth fan on the internet calls us? There's a small section of NSC who seem to have a hard on over Bournemouth. I don't get it, I really don't. Even if every Bournemouth fan professed an undying hatred of us(which they don't, obviously) who cares?!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are a fantastically well run club, have a chairman who is one of us and is ambitious without recklessness. Invested so much to give us the everything we need to compete from the bottom up. We have a great manager who is respected by everyone who meets him and is gracious in victory and defeat. We are (for now) holding our own in the top flight of English football. We have a team who seem happy and together. We have fans that the majority are realistic and are enjoying this period of our history. We beat our biggest rivals 3-1 this season with only 10 men and we have just secured our place in the 4th round of the FA cup.

I would be bloody jealous if I supported anyone other then us as well.

Yeah I bet Liverpool and city fans are green with jealousy as we speak.

Get over yourself and get some bloody perspective.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Exactly not. We are a club that has slowly been developed by a careful process of good diet, exercise, homework, neighbourliness in the community, and injections of carefully measured therapeutic money, over a sustained period of time. Yes, we could have emulated Bournmouth by renting and upgrading Withdean to a magnificent 10,500 capacity, and spending steroidal amount of money on players......but we didn't.

That might be the best bit of writing on NSC in recent times. Totally agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here