Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jordon Ibe

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I often wonder about some of the signings Chelsea make, it seems plenty of them are happy to draw the bigger wage and spend most of their time either not playing or being on the bench. Sidwell springs to mind, wasted a few years of his career but filled his bank account :shrug:

Giving up guaranteed game time or earning more money? Not sure what choice I’d make, like to think I’d come down on the playing time side.

Wouldn't under estimate he lure of potential silverware that can also have an affect on a players decision, especially when that club is competing in Europe.

I thought it was longer also but Sidwell was only at Chelsea for a year, and in that season he made 25 appearances for them across all competitions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wouldn't under estimate he lure of potential silverware that can also have an affect on a players decision, especially when that club is competing in Europe.

I thought it was longer also but Sidwell was only at Chelsea for a year, and in that season he made 25 appearances for them across all competitions.

Got that one completely wrong. I thought he was there for much longer. Only made a total of 15 league games, some of which were no doubt as a sub? You make a good point re silverware.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
so thats Ibe , Clyne & Solanke .....prrfft isn't Ake on loan from Chelsea.....dislikeable club....where's all the money from on gates of under 15 k ...?

Russia

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Got that one completely wrong. I thought he was there for much longer. Only made a total of 15 league games, some of which were no doubt as a sub? You make a good point re silverware.

Try Danny Drinkwater or Winston Bogarde.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here