Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
85f22d618761f7281517a2732b492b64.jpg

No more Mr Smug Guy!

Worrying about his defence. Could be surprise candidates for the relegation scrap

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bossed it today, just back and really good result

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Looking at the highlights, not sure why Bissouma was so keen to gather the ball from the net after scoring. Its not like were chasing the game at that moment?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Did some celebration with ball under his shirt with bong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its the sort of thing that happens when a goal is scored from close range. Looked a bit bizarre when 25 yards out, then running towards the goal to do that.

Hey ho I'm no killjoy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CH showed today again that he is not prepared to make substitutions to protect players. I was thinking change Stephens for Propper not cos he was playing bad but to protect him from a 2nd yellow. The commentator then explained that a red car for 2 yellow meant a player would miss the next game in that competition ie 4th round not the next game v Liverpool.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or maybe CH knew the rules of the competition and you didn't, and it has absolutely nothing to do with 'protecting players'.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Maybe he wanted to keep it as a trophy?
His first goal for us? Good to see it means a lot to him.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Or maybe CH knew the rules of the competition and you didn't, and it has absolutely nothing to do with 'protecting players'.

That was the whole point I thought that he was a certainty to get a 2nd yellow getting his first so early in the games but it has to be said that we had the best ref in England today who wasnt going to be conned.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
CH showed today again that he is not prepared to make substitutions to protect players. I was thinking change Stephens for Propper not cos he was playing bad but to protect him from a 2nd yellow. The commentator then explained that a red car for 2 yellow meant a player would miss the next game in that competition ie 4th round not the next game v Liverpool.

As I understand it, from this season, whilst cautions only apply to the competition in which they are earned, any suspensions from red cards apply across all competitions. Two different sources here which confirm that:-

New season, new rules: Changes to the laws in the Premier League for the 2018/19 season

Premier League rule changes: Yellow-card bans, managerial misconduct

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I understand it, from this season, whilst cautions only apply to the competition in which they are earned, any suspensions from red cards apply across all competitions. Two different sources here which confirm that:-

New season, new rules: Changes to the laws in the Premier League for the 2018/19 season

The commentator on BEIN Sports definitely said 2 yellows = 1 red and the 1 match suspension would be the next CUP game. I thought the same as you so was surprised that CH didnt take Stephens off to avoid a 2nd yellow and replace him with Propper.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes, I thought a second yellow would mean Stephens missing Liverpool next week (and your links confirm that) so I'm surprised CH didn't make a substitution to avoid that possibility.

It's not as if he really 'used' his substitutions today - swapped a RB for a RB, then swapped one winger for another, and finally with a bit of swashbuckling daring-do brought on a youngster from the academy for a high risk 2 or 3 minutes; none of the subs. were really necessary (unless dear old Bruno was running out of puff and his arthritis was playing up.......) or game changing, and he might just as well have brought on Propper for Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here