Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *FA Cup Matches this weekend*

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
So happy for Micheal Flynn, he is my sis in-law's cousins who I've met and had more than a few chats with in the past about football.

Such a nice bloke and deserves all the plaudits coming his way..

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
According to the presenter of 606 Hughton disrespected the FA Cup by making 8 changes.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I still dont get the thinking of having the draw tomorrow at 10.

Kills the momentum built up over the weekend

It's stupid.

Am I missing something? Liverpool play Wolves tomorrow. They're waiting until all the third round games (barring replays) have been played before making the draw for the fourth round. That's not completely out there, there is a clear logic to it. It's tomorrow night because that's when the final 3rd round game (again, barring replays) is played. That there is a first played FA cup game on a Monday night is a different argument.

The momentum goes anyway. So we find out who our fourth round opponent is two days after we won. The focus will immediately shift to Liverpool on Saturday. Then focus will be on Man Utd. Then we'll start looking at the FA cup again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I missing something? Liverpool play Wolves tomorrow. They're waiting until all the third round games (barring replays) have been played before making the draw for the fourth round. That's not completely out there, there is a clear logic to it. It's tomorrow night because that's when the final 3rd round game (again, barring replays) is played. That there is a first played FA cup game on a Monday night is a different argument.

The momentum goes anyway. So we find out who our fourth round opponent is two days after we won. The focus will immediately shift to Liverpool on Saturday. Then focus will be on Man Utd. Then we'll start looking at the FA cup again.

Stat Club Jnrs are pretty disappointed they can't watch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let them.

Not on a school night.

Anyway thanks to Monday lunchtimes with Bert the Inert and his Velvet Ballbag, missing the FA Cup draw is about the only thing we have in common as Albion supporters.

It sure as hell isn't long term disappointment, with fleeting moments of unbridled joy.
The lucky little shit:angry:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Rather like the fact that if either Wolves or Liverpool win tomorrow night, by the time the draw takes place we will be the 10th highest ranked team in the competition :eek:

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not on a school night.

Anyway thanks to Monday lunchtimes with Bert the Inert and his Velvet Ballbag, missing the FA Cup draw is about the only thing we have in common as Albion supporters.

It sure as hell isn't long term disappointment, with fleeting moments of unbridled joy.
The lucky little shit:angry:

If it's not important enough for them to stay up on a school night, or go to sleep early, get a couple of hours sleep, wake up for the draw then back to bed, what does it matter? They'll find out the draw in the morning (record it and let them get up ten minutes earlier and watch it 'as live' in the morning over breakfast)?

Anyways, kids not being able to watch the draw doesn't remove the obvious logic of placing the draw after the last of the (first played) 3rd round games. Sure, disagree with the decision - think it was inconsiderate of younger fans, but don't act like it's makes no sense, or spout nonsense about momentum.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lovren off .... Fabinho now has to go CB. Quite significant

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports