Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City v Liverpool

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Well, that was fun.

Don't normally bother to watch club football at home as a neutral. That was quite entertaining.

Jimmy Grimble

It's a shame there's a cup game in between as they'll be knackered after that.

Incredible game of football.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I thought we were the only team to pass back so much from anywhere on the pitch, it's a compliment that they are both copying our style.

As well as Liverpool pumping the ball blindly into the area, as times I felt they needed a long throw expert.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It was very watchable but I’m not sure it was that incredible from Liverpool. Klopp team choking in a big game again? I thought they were a bit panicky, City were well on top for most of the game imo.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yep, this. Really enjoyed it. It needs to be a good neutral game to hold my attention and boy did this one hold my attention.

Good for us in a small way. If there's a genuine title race it means that neither side can ease up against the teams around us.

Jimmy Grimble

It was very watchable but I’m not sure it was that incredible from Liverpool. Klopp team choking in a big game again? I thought they were a bit panicky, City were well on top for most of the game imo.

I think the atmosphere and tempo/intensity is what made it stand out. As well as two outstanding finishes and a ridiculous goal line clearance situation.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
City could of/should of won 3/4-1

Bit blinkered that but I would expect that as you have exhibited your prejudice before. Liverpool were a cm from taking the lead and could consider themselves unlucky not to have scored a couple more times. Luck and great defending by City. I agree that City were the better team though.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Pays yer money, takes yer choice

Capture.JPG

Captured.JPG

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bit blinkered that but I would expect that as you have exhibited your prejudice before. Liverpool were a cm from taking the lead and could consider themselves unlucky not to have scored a couple more times. Luck and great defending by City. I agree that City were the better team though.

Augero 1 on 1
Sterling 1 on 1
Silva 1-1
Sterling shot from 18 yards wide

Among others.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
City crowd went Turkish tonight. I think it helped them.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Augero 1 on 1
Sterling 1 on 1
Silva 1-1
Sterling shot from 18 yards wide

Among others.

Yes City had great chances. But whilst you assume City 'should have won 3 or 4 goals to 1' why do you not count the Liverpool chances as goals also? Makes no sense.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yes City had great chances. But whilst you assume City 'should have won 3 or 4 goals to 1' why do you not count the Liverpool chances as goals also? Makes no sense.

They were nowhere near as sitter-Esq

If city took the chances it wouldn’t have been so frantic in the last 5/10 minutes either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great game, actually lived up to the hype for once. Both teams played at a mental pace, some of the swift passing amongst that frenetic maelstrom was genuinely sublime. Thoroughly absorbing. I wish we were playing Liverpool this weekend instead of next, they must be shagged out after that (although I'm probably deluding myself that we could take anything off them anyway).

Plastic red in the pub went full-blown POSTAL when the scouse equalised. Then when City went 2-1 up, he sloped off to the pool table as we guffawed into our beers. Lovely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here