Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just how good is Bernardo?

How good is Bernardo?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's all about progress, step by step. If he's an upgrade on Bong - and I think he probably is - then that's fine for now. He may get better and better - or we may eventually get in an upgrade on Bernardo. Time will tell.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's no JLoyd Samuel, but 've gone World Class anyway.

had a poor game last night and constantly beaten for pace, which is unusual, but disregarding last nights performance I would rate him higher than Bong but not so on last night.

On a side note I meant to say this... was watching SPOTY and saw toy shock JLoyd had actually died last year :( anyone know this?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
World Class? Really?

At present he is a good lower Premier League fullback with plenty to learn, the hyperbole about him is laughable. Let’s see what’s people’s opinions are after Liverpool and United (assuming he’s not crocked) when he’ll get his first real test.

Walcott and Antonio are arguably the two quickest wingers in the Premier League

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And bugger again. Anyway he's not all that then, the search goes on...

That is not what I said as what I actually posted was generally far better than Bong but not on last nights showing. Everybody is allowed an off game bar the keeper as that can be disastrous. Other positions there are players to cover but not the keeper.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When I first watched the lad for 90 minutes I said he looks like a player the likes of Arsenal would sign, proves how far we have come as a club.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Needs the right person in front of him left and right back positions these days are interchangeable with wingers

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Very exciting to watch
He's young and will make mistakes - of course he will. Let's face it the best players in the world can, and do. make mistakes.
I think he's top class but the name of Peter Smith (who I thought was great when he came to the Albion) keep popping in to my head so let's see how good he is next year. I don't think that the Peter Smith situation will occur as he's had what 2 or 3 years in good quality football so he should keep on improving - well I hope so anyway.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Bong coming on last night just reminded me how much of an improvement Bernardo is.
Links up well with Locadia.

My thoughts entirely - we looked much weaker in that left back spot once Bong came on, especially with his distribution which was poor. Antonio knew he had the beating of Bong every time he got the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here