Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The end of the green away kit?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You can see upcoming colour choices on the PL insta account: https://www.instagram.com/premierleague/

Tonight's colours: no surprises....

liverpool.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The green kit is really poor. Looks like a cheap pub team kit. Whoever came up with this one at the club or Nike needs a lesson in fashion and economics. Get a kit looking good and you will shift loads. I think the green kit will be heavily reduced to shift the lot at the end of the season. The dark blue training kit is the best of the lot in terms of possible away kits!

How about these:

Red-Yellow-1.jpg
Yellow-Red.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Our home kit used to be the stripes, blue shorts and socks, why can't we do that when playing away v the likes of WHU instead of fannying about with away kits?

Merch, mate. Merch.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Southampton have a slightly altered home kit, for away use as a 'third' kit:
WEB%20AN5A9349.jpg
WEB%20AN5A9346.jpg

Possible then, I'd have that as second kit (our colours obviously) with blue or white shorts/socks depending on the oppo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why not just go the whole hog, and utilise the Pride colours for our second kit?

To much scope for clashes with opponents' kits.

Red and yellow stripes are unusual (not as unusual as red and yellow hoops, but I don't want to offend [MENTION=88]Bob![/MENTION]), and sufficient. As an away kit is necessary, sufficient and necessary means it has to be this. Or something else, of course. :kiss:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was thinking last night how much I prefer the Green kit as the Yellow is vile

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I Hope so, we mentioned this last night at the game, I do wonder if it has anything to do with players picking each over out against the green of most pitches.

So are our players looking down from above when trying to spot teammates? - pic below shows that the shirt is more likely to have the crowd as the background, not the pitch

I think it actually looks really smart like this

I suspect the opposite to be honest. If the players have said that the green is hard to pick against the pitch when you're talking about the corner of your eye sight, then if CH has said we don't wear the green again, then we don't wear the green. Reminds me of Sir Alex and that grey kit they changed at HT once.

The shirts were changed as they had trouble picking each other out (as the excuse went) because they were blending into the crowd, making it hard to spot each other.

Surely it goes to show that it isn't the pitch isn't the background for players looking out for teammates (as surely grey shirts on a green background would have been fine) and in the Man U incident, it was the grey Southampton fans that were the problem.

If picking out green is hard to do for teammates, surely it works the other way too?, it makes it harder for the opposition to spot you and therefore you are more likely to be able to break away from an unnoticed position, giving you more space if they haven't spotted you and positioned themselves to cover you in the event the ball headed our way.

Where as last season the yellow kit was worn almost every away game the green can’t be worn against teams in red it seems.

Have worn home kit on a few occasions and now the yellow against Burnley and West Ham.

Assume they think the green isn’t that far from red

Red / green colour blindness perhaps? (it's estimated 8% of men suffer from this type of colour blindness and 0.5% of women)

Attachments

• color-blindness-red-green-1024x512.jpg
    color-blindness-red-green-1024x512.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 177

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That's the worst proposed away kit I've seen yet - although the boots are okay.

Jul 7, 2003
Fairly sure we will be back in green on Saturday if we don't wear the stripes. When we have back to back away games within a few days, we usually wear one colour for the first game and the other for the second. Makes it easier for the kit man to prepare rather than have to rush around the day after an away game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here