Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What are you looking forward to in 2019?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Improving my golf handicap
See the beloved blues keep improving
Finish work on the house
Another year closer to retirement (3yrs) all being well. Mind you they've changed it twice in 9yrs to save money
You support Birmingham City?! [emoji33]

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Going to Gran Canaria later this month - hope it doesn't rain this time!:cheery::cheery:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Being healthy!
2018 saw me in hospital with a dodgy gallbladder after falling ill in the States last Christmas, so I've just had that taken out after a year of scans & appointments. Also found out at the same time that I had kidney stones for the 3rd time, so have had those blasted too - and in the early summer I was diagnosed with skin cancer when I went along to the Albion's Over 40's health check at the Amex. Thankfully been given the all clear for that as well after a couple of small ops, so I just want 2019 to be a clean slate & incident free tbh!

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Going to Iceland in March, I am so pumped to just visit that beautiful country. It's somewhere I wanted to go for ages and now I can finally afford to and proper indulge. I took no holiday this year to save up for it on a proper splurge. Doesn't help that flights from the US are a lot more expensive.

My podcast is doing well, I've met some really, really cool people over here through it and I am glad I took the risk and just started doing it, I still get odd abuse on here sometimes but for the most part everyone is pretty positive about it so just continue with this really.

I am trying to see if I can afford a surprise trip home at Xmas to see my fam, first time I'd have been home in just over 2 years, we'll see on this one.

My mum is coming to see me for the first time since I moved over here in October of 2019, I am really really excited to just have her here, my sister too.

Be a lot more self conscious online. People love being so mean on the internet and it's so so easy to just say something like it's a throwaway thing because it's on a screen (brexit thread, trump thread) and people forget that others have feelings. Stop, take a breath, remember it's another human being and if I don't have anything nice to say, just exit the conversation.

I'm going to Iceland on Sunday! Cannot wait it looks stunning

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Looking forward to having all the work around the house being finished (and started to be fair) and then after that spending time watching my son grow up when I'm not at work. Apart from that I'm easy, whatever will be will be.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am going to try and 'complete' Europe, I have 3 countries left to visit in Albania, Macedonia and Moldova. For those of you going to Iceland, enjoy! An absolutely stunning and beautiful country and my favourite in Europe.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Being healthy!
2018 saw me in hospital with a dodgy gallbladder after falling ill in the States last Christmas, so I've just had that taken out after a year of scans & appointments. Also found out at the same time that I had kidney stones for the 3rd time, so have had those blasted too - and in the early summer I was diagnosed with skin cancer when I went along to the Albion's Over 40's health check at the Amex. Thankfully been given the all clear for that as well after a couple of small ops, so I just want 2019 to be a clean slate & incident free tbh!

Blimey, that's quite a list. All the best fellow Browns fan.

I see neither of us mentioned Cleveland making the play-offs in 2019! (Although after this season I live in hope. False hope no doubt, but hey.).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Saying "No" more. I'm going to try to follow the "If it's not a 'Hell Yeah!', it's a 'no'." mantra. I think it was Derek Sivers who first coined the phrase - I might be wrong - and it has been recycled by others since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ehWlVeMrqw

I say "Yes" far too much and over-commit on time. I have fully location-independent work, I'm now working towards time-independent work. Nearly all of us exchange our time for money in some way - I want to try and break that tie, but when I'm over-committing to many other things, it severely restricts the time I can put into planning and implementing that.

Add to that the usual "get healthy again" nonsense many of us come out with. For me that mainly means trying to resolve my ongoing knee issue that has meant I've not been able to run in 18 months.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'd LOVE to be truly debt free by the end of 2019 (excluding mortgage).

It's completely manageable (thankfully) and 0% but it's just an annoyance which niggles away at me constantly.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'm going to Iceland on Sunday! Cannot wait it looks stunning

aaaaaa2.PNG

Turkeys half price?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lots of sport: three world cups - rugby, cricket, women's football - and the Ashes.

Playing more cricket: our club is just creating a 3rd XI as the Seconds has been over-subscribed this year.

And I'm going to spend a bit more time practising languages; a few years back I spoke French, German, Welsh and Italian, with various degrees of fluency, but I didn't keep up. My new year's resolution is to read something in those languages every day and join some sort of conversation group

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Blimey, that's quite a list. All the best fellow Browns fan.

I see neither of us mentioned Cleveland making the play-offs in 2019! (Although after this season I live in hope. False hope no doubt, but hey.).

Cheers buddy! I am extremely hopeful of the playoffs next season IF they get the coaching appointments right! Personally, I would keep things as they are and ride the Williams & Kitchens team into 2019! But this is the Browns we are talking about, so anything could happen!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
1 - First grandchild (due any time now)

2 - Watching the Albion win the FA Cup

Well part one has now happened! (Saturday morning. Baby boy. Some complications and they're being kept in but we've been able to see him and it all seems ok. My son's staying in the hospital with them).

And Saturday afternoon of course was a step towards part 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here