Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Bournemouth ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Doubt locadia will start. Probably needs a rest. Same with march. Unfortunately we only have knocky as wing cover I believe.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Isn't Izquierdo due back imminently?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Every place higher in the PL ~£2m; losing semi-finalists in FA Cup £1.6m. We’re going to focus on the league this, and every, year, while hoping that the second XI will give us a cup run.

That's obviously the policy, and so it should be. But:
-- we've already amassed 26 whopping points from 21 games; we might even be two more wins away from survival
-- after a heavy run of fixtures, there aren't that many in January or February, and they'll be even fewer if we go out the Cup early
-- a Cup run and the league aren't mutually exclusive, sometimes a successful Cup run can give league performances a boost
-- we've now got a much better squad, such that there are c18/20 that are close to first team selection (look at the bench last night, and that's excluding Ryan, Izquierdo, Bruno and Jahanbakhsh). Why not put out a stronger team, and perhaps bring on some of our more promising u23s (Connolly, White, Gyokeres, Normann)?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We didn't go for it full-on even in the 6th round last season so I can't see it happening in the 3rd. Steele is lined up for tomorrow's press conference apparently.

this

1/4 finals of the cup didn't interest us that much.

expecting a fringe experiment.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Button
Bruno(c)-Balogun-White-Bong
Knockaert-Kayal-Bissouma-Izquierdo
Connolly-Gyokeres​

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Button
Bruno Balogun Duffy Bong
Knockeart Kayal Bissouma Stephens Locadia
Andone
Bench: Steele, Propper, White, Connolly, Suttner

For me, Button needs the minutes, we've chosen him for the league games so stick with him.

Stephens had a little time out so I'd like to see continuity in the centre with either him or Propper starting, same with either Dunk or Duffy, although think Dunk is closer to more yellow cards?

Locadia and Andone also need minutes, so I'd definitely go with Andone, I think Locadia will only improve with more game time.

(for some has Locadia already gone from not getting enough minutes to getting too many!? :lolol:)

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
That's obviously the policy, and so it should be. But:
-- we've already amassed 26 whopping points from 21 games; we might even be two more wins away from survival
-- after a heavy run of fixtures, there aren't that many in January or February, and they'll be even fewer if we go out the Cup early
-- a Cup run and the league aren't mutually exclusive, sometimes a successful Cup run can give league performances a boost
-- we've now got a much better squad, such that there are c18/20 that are close to first team selection (look at the bench last night, and that's excluding Ryan, Izquierdo, Bruno and Jahanbakhsh). Why not put out a stronger team, and perhaps bring on some of our more promising u23s (Connolly, White, Gyokeres, Normann)?

This. We have a opportunity to have a cup run this year. We don't have a lot of fixtures coming up and we do have a decent squad who need to be kept happy. I'd go strong while trying to find some space for the more promising youngsters too.

1. Steele

2. Bruno
3. Bong
5. Balogun
6. Burn

4. Kayal
8. Bissomua
7. Knocky
11 Izzy

9. Andone
10. Connolly

Subs

U23's

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Every place higher in the PL ~£2m; losing semi-finalists in FA Cup £1.6m. We’re going to focus on the league this, and every, year, while hoping that the second XI will give us a cup run.
OK, so if we get to the semi final and drop a league place we lose a measly £400K. Even if we drop a couple of places it's only a drop in the ocean compared to £100M - and I don't suppose we'll be offering free admission to the extra cup games!

So yes, let's go for the FA Cup - a really strong team for B'muff please, with maybe a couple of youngsters getting a shout. Winning is a habit - and the more FA Cup matches we win the more confidence we will build for the league matches. We're as near as makes no difference to staying in the PL for next season so for pity's sake let's abandon all this negativity about the Cup and go for it hell for leather! It's time we went to Wembley again - and I don't mean just to play bloody Spurs in the league!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
CH is quoted this week as saying one way we can kick on as a club is by winning a cup competition. Be interesting to see if he backs this up with his team selection.

Personally, I'm doubtful.

We know Burn will play. So, I'm going for:

Button

Bruno
Burn
Balogun
Bong

Bissouma
Kayal
Stephens

Knockaert
Connolly
Locadia

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In the 4 years he's been here he's always played the rest of the first team squad in cup games who haven't had games recently with a sprinkling of u23s and the odd regular player in positions where things are a bit thin due to injuries (for Bournemouth this might be wingers/strikers).
He'll do that v Bournemouth so 90 mins for Knockaert, Bissouma, Bruno, Bong, Burn, Balogun, Steele, Kayal etc. with 2-3 of Keto, Connolly, White and Barclay stepping up but probably on the bench. And don't rule out an appearance by Locadia or Andone up front.

He's pretty much just confirmed this at pre- Bournemouth press conference and also confirmed that Gyokeres will be the only u23 in the 18.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...iew-bernardo-doubtful-for-cherries-cup-clash/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Isn't Izquierdo due back imminently?

Last week CH said this about Izquierdo. he's not training yet and he confirmed he's not available for Bournemouth. He picked up the injury (again) v Palace.

""It's the same injury [that he picked up at the World Cup], but he is in a decent place at the moment which is good.
"All we've got to make sure to do is the process. We are mindful of not pushing him too quickly.
"What we want to do is make sure we get him right so that when he is back playing he can have a longer period of being fit."

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Steele

Bruno
Balogun
Burn
Bong

Knockaert
Gross
Kayal
Bissouma
Locadia

Murray

Button
Dunk
Bernardo/Suttner
Stephens
March
Andone
Gyrokeres

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Last week CH said this about Izquierdo. he's not training yet and he confirmed he's not available for Bournemouth. He picked up the injury (again) v Palace.

""It's the same injury [that he picked up at the World Cup], but he is in a decent place at the moment which is good.
"All we've got to make sure to do is the process. We are mindful of not pushing him too quickly.
"What we want to do is make sure we get him right so that when he is back playing he can have a longer period of being fit."

That's Bournemouth in the league or Cup that Chris is referring to?

Stumpy Tim

While this is true, Bloom is a fan so money is less important. Obviously avoiding relegation comes first, but Bloom would love a cup run as much as everyone else!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here