Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Bournemouth ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
While this is true, Bloom is a fan so money is less important. Obviously avoiding relegation comes first, but Bloom would love a cup run as much as everyone else!

I agree that he'd love a cup run! However, when we play Bournemouth, we'll be 3 points off 8th place in the PL, 5 places or £10m higher than our current position. In order to recoup that loss of cash, we have to win the FA Cup for the next three seasons. He'd have to REALLY love a cup run to risk £10m this season...

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Given that is only Gyokeres involved from the U23:

Steele
Bruno Balogen Burn Bong
Bissouma Kayal Gross
Knockeart Andone Gyokeres

Bench:
Button
White
Bernardo
Stephens
Propper
Locaida
Murray

Whoever plays best of this midfield deserves to play next prem game.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
got to be most of the unused squad members + some regulars mixed in so for me

Steele
Bruno - Balogun - Burn - Bong
Stephens
Bissouma - Kayal
Knocky Gyokeres
Locadia

I think Stephens will play as he has had time off recently , Propper has been doing a lot of running so expect him to be rested , Locardia to be tried as front man with the hybrid 4-3-3 as so far he has only played the left side of attack and needs to be seen at the point

Well thats my guess anyway and should be good enough to beat B'muffs second XI

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
got to be most of the unused squad members + some regulars mixed in so for me

Steele
Bruno - Balogun - Burn - Bong
Stephens
Bissouma - Kayal
Knocky Gyokeres
Locadia

I think Stephens will play as he has had time off recently , Propper has been doing a lot of running so expect him to be rested , Locardia to be tried as front man with the hybrid 4-3-3 as so far he has only played the left side of attack and needs to be seen at the point

Well thats my guess anyway and should be good enough to beat B'muffs second XI

I'd go with that but would like to see Duffy or Dunk feature instead of Burn, and Andone up front with Gyokeres on the bench.

Stumpy Tim

I agree that he'd love a cup run! However, when we play Bournemouth, we'll be 3 points off 8th place in the PL, 5 places or £10m higher than our current position. In order to recoup that loss of cash, we have to win the FA Cup for the next three seasons. He'd have to REALLY love a cup run to risk £10m this season...
I genuinely think he would love it that much. Any other business you would be right, but the Albion is a labour of love and no one will remember finishing 8th or 13th but they will remember a Cup final or even semi-final

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I genuinely think he would love it that much. Any other business you would be right, but the Albion is a labour of love and no one will remember finishing 8th or 13th but they will remember a Cup final or even semi-final

You may be right! Me? I'd love it, just love it if we played a full strength team, but it ain't my money. We'll find out soon enough...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Whoever we pick, they won't be up against Jermaine Defoe as he's just gone on loan to Rangers for 18 months.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'll be surprised if he doesn't start as I think we need to keep him in the shop window.

I'm not suggesting this thread is fixtures or anything :)
but somebody has posted this on another thread tonight...

Pretty decent shout seeing as Gyokeres will be the only U23 involved. So for Connolly put Locadia seeing as it is his position.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You may be right! Me? I'd love it, just love it if we played a full strength team, but it ain't my money. We'll find out soon enough...

Even back in 1976 you might give a few fringe players a run out or rotate your squad. The league has always been the bread and butter, just heightened with the PL money, however teams are surviving the yoyo now, PL promotion / relegation isn't the disaster it once was if you manager your finances and risk properly.

What I think is missed about the FA cup in a 3rd round onward obsession, is that the FA cup and the rewards it offers pre-3rd round are as great as they ever were if not more so. Live coverage of first round proper matches and beyond, interest in the prelims and qualifying rounds make it massive for many clubs still. Just because a PL side with a 25 man squad gives some of that squad a run out doesn't devalue the competition for me.

Lack of interest at the top from fans ISN'T whether you play your strongest side or not IMHO, it is the cost of football, and fans have to pick and choose their games. Last night, a local game in many respects cost me what, £65. Do I then go to Bournemouth then MU the following week? I suspect most fans would go to Bournemouth regardless if a day out at football wasn't crippling expensive already.

So since Boxing Day, pro-rata on a Season ticket, I reckon attending all the games in the first 3 weeks after Xmas:
1. Arsenal £25 ST. £10 programme / drinks / misc. £35
2. Everton £35
3. West Ham £65
4. Bournemouth cup. £10 ticket. £25 travel. £15 misc. £50
5. Liverpool £35
6. MU. £20 ticket. £50 travel. £15 misc. £85
TOTAL = £305

That is a massively conservative estimate in my opinion too. £300 - £400. You're talking one of your kids or family tickets for a nice summer holiday.

We'll hear the same BS all weekend from Humphries, Lineker etc. that manager's aren't taking the cup seriously, it's devaluing the competition, MISSING THE POINT, that we'd all likely want to go IF we weren't being fleeced for every penny we have by getting ever richer players, agents and other parasites within the game wealthier still.

Lets not devalue the FA Cup by talking it down. I'd be happy to see a changed Albion XI because frankly even our changed side is arguably as good as most in our history.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can’t see anyone starting who has started in the last two games. Still means we have a decent team in prospect.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Steele,
Bruno, Balogan, Burn, Bong.
Bissouma, Kayal, Stephens.
Knocky, Locadia, Gyokeres.

Subs, Button, Suttner, White, March, Propper, Andone, Schelotto.

twiggy666

Jan 3, 2019
I have P70 BHA private number plate for sale. It used to belong to my late father. I have the retention document. I wanted to advertise it on NSC so hopefully it’ll go to a true BHA fan. If anyone is interested please let me know thanks. Up The Albion

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If Bernardo hadn’t been injured against West Ham, I’d have the four ‘Bs’ at the back.

He'll be fine, meaning we can go for:

Button

Bernardo (needs a bit of practice at right back)
Balogan
Burn
Bong

Bruno
(Ben) Barclay (Official site says he can play centre midfield)
Bissouma

Bojan (Radulovic)
(Ellie) Brazil (it's 2019, why not field a men/womens mixed team?!)
(George) Bentley (Alright, giving one of our under-18 goalkeepers a first team start as a striker is unorthodox, but damnit, I was running out of Bs).

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

Total prize money if we won the FA cup would be £6,795,000, then there’s gate receipts, sponsorship bonuses (??), raised profile of the club, qualification for the Europa League (I’ll let you decide if that’s good or bad) and the fact that we’ll have won the FA Cup!!

The rewards do scale back quickly if you go on a run but don’t win it, not quite all or nothing but not far off. There’s also no guarantee that if we get knocked out early that we’ll climb the league and get the extra £10m.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Steele
Bruno
Balogun
Burns
Bong
Knockaert
Kayal
Bissouma
Locadia