Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aussie Seagulls, how embarrassed are you this morning?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Embarrassed that your Matty is in the UAE days before the tournament begins when he could have been in London saving West Ham's equaliser, or at least attempting to?

For what it's worth, the UAE Seagulls aren't embarrassed at all and are looking forward to watching him play in a few days time.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Ridiculous post
He is the Aussies international keeper and an automatic shoe in for their national team - he doesn't have a choice when it comes to playing international games
We knew when we signed him that he was going to be away for internationals
Just be thankful that the African Cup of Nations (or whatever it's called now) isn't on at the same time otherwise we's have lost Bong, Balogun and Bissouma as well

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
All this travelling he’s going to be even shorter.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Give the OP a break NSC’ers. I’m sure many of you too can remember the first time you drank alcohol and the affect it had on your faculties.

Yes, but normally one would give one's head a good wobble, not grab the nearest spade and start digging like a mad b'stard. I don't think I've ever read a thread started by what I thought was a sensible poster get such pelters. :shrug:

I should however apologise for my first and second reactions last night. The OP perhaps did not recognise the source from contemporary entertainment:

https://tenor.com/view/suck-my-balls-south-park-eric-gif-8045235

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just as an aside, I read in the Metro this morning that Son isn’t joining the South Korea squad for another 2 weeks. Do they not have any games prior to that or do they think they can manage without him?

I’m just a bit miffed that I took him out of my fantasy team at the same time as Maty, assuming they’d be off at the same time. :tantrum:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Bit odd....not Maty's fault, not Australia's fault and certainly not the fault of Australian BHAFC supporters!

But it does re-open the old "club v country" debate. Teams who rely heavily on British international players always get the "international break" when the home countries (and ROI) are playing World / Euro qualifiers and even for totally pointless and meaningless friendlies. Those who have predominately Asian or African players are always going to suffer because those continents play their tournaments smack bang in the middle of our season.

The club would have known that we would be losing Maty for International games so if the OP needs to dish out "blame" then it should be directed at the club for not having a quality back-up for Maty (except I think we probably do but we loaned him out! How sick must Walton be at missing the opportunity to play a handful of PL games?!!)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How I miss those days of Graeme Smith, when we never had to contend with these types of problems.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
3 goals against India....oh Maty

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

He's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming....Maty's coming home (TFFT) :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here