Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aussie Seagulls, how embarrassed are you this morning?

I think this thread is probably two braincells dropped rather than one gained

You can see that in Mansfield?
Yes, saw the goal several times - we've got t'internet here now!
It went in off the bar, so he would have had no chance....
Ryan probably wouldn't have if he'd been on his line but the shot rose fairly steeply and had he been standing where Button was I think he may have been able to divert it over the bar. He really does have amazing reactions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bizarre thread.

Ryan entitled to play for the Aussies and Button has done well anyway. He certainly couldn’t have done anything about the second goal, that was Bernardo’s error.

Duffy slipped for their first goal, so neither really Button's fault.

Bizarre thread.

Ryan entitled to play for the Aussies and Button has done well anyway. He certainly couldn’t have done anything about the second goal, that was Bernardo’s error.
You appear to have completely missed the two main points of the thread, although you are far from alone. Firstly, Ryan doesn't get to play until SUNDAY FFS and secondly, he may well have saved the goal that Button couldn't. The second point is debatable of course, which is what I thought NSC was for, not jumping on a bandwagon.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
You appear to have completely missed the two main points of the thread, although you are far from alone. Firstly, Ryan doesn't get to play until SUNDAY FFS and secondly, he may well have saved the goal that Button couldn't. The second point is debatable of course, which is what I thought NSC was for, not jumping on a bandwagon.

Still confused as to why Australian supporters should be embarrassed. What have they done...? :shrug:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

But the Aussies wanted him there sooner as they believe it was important for him to be with the rest of the squad preparing and he was happy to go. Plus international call ups over ride club sides so no point to be made there.

And none of De Gea, Allison or even the best goalie in the world Oblak could have saved the second so there isn’t really anything to debate in your two main points.

Yes, saw the goal several times - we've got t'internet here now!
Ryan probably wouldn't have if he'd been on his line but the shot rose fairly steeply and had he been standing where Button was I think he may have been able to divert it over the bar. He really does have amazing reactions.

Come on fella Billy the Fish wouldn’t have got near that second one

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Give the OP a break NSC’ers. I’m sure many of you too can remember the first time you drank alcohol and the affect it had on your faculties.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ooooow, someone thinks they're The President of the United States.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So will I, as I did in the WC - not just last year's but back to the one where they qualified with NZ. Do people think I wanted Ryan to miss out? I've never referred to the AC as a 'Noddy' tournament or similar like others have on NSC - without any criticism at all.

Good for you mate, and there is no need to feel embarrassed about either of the West Ham goals give yourself a break. You can't take responsibility for everything.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

How do either of these points link to your thread title about Australian Seagulls feeling embarrassed?

As a point of orderm, Australian seagulls should be embarrassed. 10 of the puny little ****ers couldn't take on a Brighton Gull.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the OP may be pushed towards the brink of sanity by learning that Matty only touched the ball once and the Aussies would have won comfortably with a cardboard cut out in goal.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Embarrassed that your Matty is in the UAE days before the tournament begins when he could have been in London saving West Ham's equaliser, or at least attempting to?

No shit!

Don't you think they'll all be rooting for their adopted country?

Out of interest are you asking Australian Seagulls or British ex-pats who just happen to live in Australia?

I’m a Brit and support the Albion. I’ve seen Maty play for BHA at the Amex and for Australia at Aami Park. At the Amex I wore my Seagulls Downunder tee-shirt and at Aami Park I wore the stripes. Maty spoke to me both times.

Am I embarrassed? No. Why should I be?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey Notts, I used to think you were quite a sensible poster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here