Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham: a point gained or two points dropped?

Was West Ham a point gained or two points dropped

• A point gained

Votes: 141 55.5%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 113 44.5%

• Total voters

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
But on another day if Arnautovic doesn't get you he can. I was just trying to say that they've got match winners, even if the team plays crap for 70 minutes can pull something out of the bag.

Oh I totally agree with you here. Just trying to think if we have any players who can do that for us, Knockaert maybe? But after that i’m struggling

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Expected to lose. Happy with the draw. Would have been ecstatic with a win.
We’re doing ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely West Ham will look at it from the perspective that after 58 mins they were losing 3 points so with two inspired subs who assisted in a goal each, that they saved 2 points.

Hence we lost those points.

No brainer really.
"Two inspired subs". Yes indeed - if only we had them..........

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Looking at the whole game, barring the mad 10 mins, I thought WHU were more likely to sneak a win. There were poor but we weren't good enough to exploit it. It is at the end a point gained.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Would have taken a draw before kick off, but having seen the replay 2 points dropped.
We took our foot off and thought the game was done, always fatal, got to play for 90mins.
I think the ball was over the line too, yes the ball is a sphere, but I think part of the actual ball itself should be touching the line and not part of it overhanging the line.
Like the bowlers foot in cricket.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Two dropped.

We should be beating teams like West Ham.

(And yes my tongue is in my cheek before someone says I've got too much of a sense of entitlement. Well half-in anyway).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I’m usually a grumpy ******* about points dropped but West Ham played very well in their purple patch. A fair result really. I thought overall we kept the ball better than we have many times at the Amex this season and that was a massive positive for me

The team are developing well and fears that Hughton would shrink back to overly defensive football are being proven wrong (and I say this as someone who has shared those fears at odd times)

I’m actually looking forward to the Liverpool and not sure I’d have said that a few weeks ago

Agreed. I just hope the shipping of two goals doesn't make CH go TOO much into a negative mindset in an attempt to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Before the game I would have seen this as a point one, from the position we were in and the time that had gone by I'd say we dropped two points here, still very happy with the team, CH, TB & PB, and all is good in the Albion World.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s disappointing to have shipped two goals from the position we were in but given our aim is to stay up that’s definitely a point gained towards this aim.

As an aside, I was more disappointed to walk away with just a draw with Arsenal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Daft poll - depends on when the question was asked. Point gained at any other time than the few mins we were 2-0 up.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Oh I totally agree with you here. Just trying to think if we have any players who can do that for us, Knockaert maybe? But after that i’m struggling

I don't think we have either. That's the difference at that end of the table, and the problem for a club our size is when we do find a match winner the big clubs will just take them after a good season!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
At 2-2 there was still 25 mins to go so hard to say it was 2 dropped.

We got a couple of quick fire goals , so did they.

Draw a fair result and one I would of been well pleased with at 19:45pm. Point gained for me.

Despite a few comments about the new attacking us etc , We still opted to survive and make our match winning subs nearer the end , It looked like we were going 1-0 down before Stephens goal.

Its better but we still need to change more away from home. A bolder , brighter more positive us ( the home version ) would of won that game last night.

Overall , decent Xmas period for us and we now have a free hit v Liverpool.

All good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here