Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham: a point gained or two points dropped?

Was West Ham a point gained or two points dropped

• A point gained

Votes: 141 55.5%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 113 44.5%

• Total voters

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Still 10 clear and a win with results off 9th

Frustrating but would have taken a point.

Those below us are not taking advantage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Both. Before game would have taken a point. How game panned out I obviously wouldn't. But another lesson learned against a top class striker and a team who've spent a lot more than us and we're so not going down!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This morning we had 25 points and now we have 26.
A game's not over until the final whistle, as we showed Fulham & Southampton.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
2 points dropped. Disappointing.

I know a lot of people will say we should be happy where we are but I think we should be 8th/9th. We’ve dropped so many points we shouldn’t have.

We’re a really good side with some excellent premier league players. The players and manager need more belief in themselves.

I think the same applies to a lot of fans aswell, we should be raising our expectations now. We’re a better side than West Ham, Wolves, Bournemouth etc and we need to start believing it. We’re not there just to make up the numbers and scrape 16th/17th place each season.

Patience Timothy... we're getting there. We didn't scrape 16th last year and we're not scraping it this year. But we are getting more comfortable. And no, I don't think we're a better side than any of those three... yet

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Being 2-0 up away from home, and to let them back in with two poor defensive mistakes, it has to be two points dropped.

Perhaps our defenders might do better if they didn't have to do the strikers job as well!Point gained.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
How can an away point be a bad result...

We moan about other teams sense of entitlement....

It's only a couple of months back people were wondering if we'd score away from home again let alone start collecting points.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A draw after going 2 goals up in the second half is two points dropped, regardless of who you’re playing

It's a football cliche.

Watford also threw away a two goal advantage at Bournemouth and ended up drawing. Next time they play away do you think their fans will want:

a) Javi Gracia to keep on attacking in the same manner that has seen them rise to 8th in the table, or
b) Shut up shop and see if they might nick a 1-0 from a set piece?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Everybody would have been happy with a draw before game so no different now

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Looks like a bit of a gap is opening to the bottom 6 now. I think it's between those 6 for the relegation places, with Huddersfield already taking one of them. Newcastle dropping quietly into the mix. Tough two league games coming up for us now......so getting a point was important. Point gained and a fair result.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
2-0 is a horrible scoreline and needs the 3rd to wrap it up. They got one back and momentum is with them to get the second like they did.

2pts Dropped

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Given the circumstances, two points dropped. We looked so confident and in charge before their first. On the positive side, we regained composure and didn't fold after their second. Probably would have taken a point pre-match, but still a little frustrating.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Everybody would have been happy with a draw before game so no different now

Exactly, definitely a point gained with a spirited performance. A win would have been nice but WH came back well and I’d have setlled for the point very happily after the scored their second with a 1/4 of the game still to go. WH fans will be much more disappointed than us.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Very happy to get a point but obviously gutted that we let the other two get away. Probably a fair result and on reflection 5 points from last 3 fixtures is a good return.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're fortunate to be in a position where we can chew over the merits of an away draw at West Ham. Spare a thought for Terriers fans tonight - that was a must-win game they've just lost to Burnley.

Wagner once had Godlike status but now there are doubts and the likes of Cardiff, Southampton and Burnley are picking up points and leaving them behind. I think they're toast.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
It's a football cliche.

Watford also threw away a two goal advantage at Bournemouth and ended up drawing. Next time they play away do you think their fans will want:

a) Javi Gracia to keep on attacking in the same manner that has seen them rise to 8th in the table, or
b) Shut up shop and see if they might nick a 1-0 from a set piece?
You’ve managed to spectacularly miss the point of my post and compare it to a completely different scenario:

We scored two second half goals, with only half an hour left, yes, I excpect us to play tight, keep the ball and close the game out professionally.

Watford had scored their first 2 goals after 24 minutes (or thereabouts) so the scenario is very different, shutting up shop for 70 minutes doesn’t (usually) work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here