Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2-0 and we f***ed it up!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Bernardo should have stayed on his feet and not tumbled looking for a foul, then the ball would have gone out and his body would have been an obstacle as well.

He should have but he didn't look for the foul, he was simply out-muscled and fell over. They were a properly strong unit and a very different kind of game than we're used to in the premier league, kudos to the ref

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
If we want a long term Premier League future we need to be getting regular away draws at the likes of Wet Spam (i.e. mid-table clubs). Respect the point.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Bernardo needed some more help from Locadia for the 2nd goal - it would have helped him cut the move to the by-line a little more. But credit Antonio for the cut-back (took 4 defenders out the game) and finish from MA. The only thing we lacked last night was a little quality with the final ball/cross, and maybe that had a little to do with fatigue - we got into some great positions, played through their midfield relatively easily at times, but just couldn't quite find the final ball.. good point ultimately. 5 points from 9 a good return over busy Christmas period. There are plenty of teams who would have loved that! Any disappointment is because we could (maybe should) have won.. 1st time I have been able to say that on the away games I have seen in the last 18 months!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It was all so quick that I don't feel as though we were hard done by or threw it away. We didn't really deserve a two goal lead to be honest, and the speed with which they got back on par just made it seem like a bit of a potty 10-12 minutes and completely out of character with the rest of the game where almost no other chances were really created. It would have been far worse if we had sat back and defended at 2-0, and then lost with late goals. The way it unfolded sort of made it bearable really.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Second goal maybe showed Locadia is not as defensive minded as Izzy or March but apart from that we should have killed the game stone dead by just passing among ourselves.

Sorry, but this I have to disagree with...

When Bong came on for Bernardo - without Locadia, West Ham would've won the game IMO - as Bong was poor (kind of understandable after no game in such a long time and having to come on so quickly). Bong was slipping and sliding, being turned, and not going to his man, until Locadia just ran in, and came out with the ball...

Locadia was not at fault last night IMO

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Totally agree with OP, mixed emotions. Draw a fair result on reflection but 2 up with just over 20 to go.... was so close to 3 with Bernardo’s explosive drive and shot and then all of a sudden 2-2 and thinking we were gonna lose.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We've come a long way this season. To the point where we are competing consistently in the middle pack of the Premier League. Beating Everton, drawing away at West Ham, in the game at B'muff etc. I'll take a draw at West Ham every time.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
in the pub before the game the WHU fans I spoke to were not looking forward to the game. They were probably delighted with the draw.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Thought it was a pretty fair result. It wasn’t exactly a masterclass of defending by either team for the goals but to be honest, I’m fairly relieved at getting a result after the last 3 results against you.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Odd game.
West Ham we’re shocking and at 2-0 I was so sure we were home and hosed.
Then West Ham owned the last quarter of the game.
I’m loving the new Albion style though - Stephens and Propper look so much better when they play the ball forward.

Reminded me of the Southampton away game when we just decided to up our game and they could n't hold us out.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Sorry, but this I have to disagree with...

When Bong came on for Bernardo - without Locadia, West Ham would've won the game IMO - as Bong was poor (kind of understandable after no game in such a long time and having to come on so quickly). Bong was slipping and sliding, being turned, and not going to his man, until Locadia just ran in, and came out with the ball...

Locadia was not at fault last night IMO

Sorry was not blaming Locadia more trying to point out that he is less defensive minded than both the others .... the system we are playing also tends to leave both him and March further up the pitch with more distance to travel ... Bernado has done brilliantly IMHO but even he cant do it all without some support so not a portioning blame just pointing out the bleeding obvious ... I am actually hoping to see an Andone , Izzy (left) & Locadia (right) front 3 before the season is out :O

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Disappointing having been 0-2 up. As some of our fans goaded the WHU fans to the left when our 2nd went in, I was thinking 'this'll backfire if they get back in the game'!

Disappointing to concede those 2, but we managed to steady the ship and see it out for a point, so have to be positive. When Antonio skipped past 2 players and into the box shortly after 2-2, my worst fears looked like they would happen, just pleased he ballooned it.

Overall, a good away point in the Premier League.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Thought it was a pretty fair result. It wasn’t exactly a masterclass of defending by either team for the goals but to be honest, I’m fairly relieved at getting a result after the last 3 results against you.

The stats back you up, all very even. I agree, a draw is fair enough, just feels a bit tainted having been 2 up. That's football! Thought it really was a game of 2 halves. The 1st was like an end of season mid table knock about, and the atmosphere was pretty non existent.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
At our level, any PL away point ...... is a good point.
Some people are hard to please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here