Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] West Ham v Albion financial comparison

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Especially if based on the "owner investment" figure. A tidy %.

I'm guessing that loans are somewhat different to investment, though, and would be another interesting stat.

The Loans will be over and above his Investment but to charge interest at a rate of 21% - Verging on '' Pay Day Loans'' territory

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Thanks El Pres, Decent improvement for them on the commercial side.

Still don't like the ground though,Think they are moving the away end up the back from next season, rather than it being split between the front and back sections(which is awful)

The view is poor I was at the split back section last season, I could only think it was as bad as for the poor away fans at Withdean when they were put behind the hammer throwing track. On a the slightly misty night game they would be unaware that their team had scored, if it was at the opposite end until the ball was put back on the centre circle. At least there is a roof on the London Stadium so don't feel I can complain to much.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
West Ham's gross income is £176mill, their rent is £2.5mill. That's the equivalent of a person on a £30K salary paying an ANNUAL (not monthly) rent for their property of just £426.

The reason the directors can award themselves £15 mill per year "interest" is purely because of this incredible stadium deal. How galling must it be for West Ham fans to be playing in an awful football stadium just so the directors can line their own pockets? I pity those Hammers fans who will will visit the new White Hart Lane or the Emirates - both are proper football stadia.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Thanks El Pres, Decent improvement for them on the commercial side.

Still don't like the ground though,Think they are moving the away end up the back from next season, rather than it being split between the front and back sections(which is awful)
I don't think they are allowed unless they have been given special dispensation. Only Man Utd and Newcastle are allowed and were given two years to sort it out. Away fans are supposed to be pitchside or as close as you can to the running track :wink:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
West Ham's gross income is £176mill, their rent is £2.5mill. That's the equivalent of a person on a £30K salary paying an ANNUAL (not monthly) rent for their property of just £426.

The reason the directors can award themselves £15 mill per year "interest" is purely because of this incredible stadium deal. How galling must it be for West Ham fans to be playing in an awful football stadium just so the directors can line their own pockets? I pity those Hammers fans who will will visit the new White Hart Lane or the Emirates - both are proper football stadia.
It's a shit deal for everyone apart from the owners.

theboybilly

I still can't get my head around this.

Me neither. I don't know how much the Boleyn Ground was sold for but West Ham must be getting the equivalent of half a century's rent for next to zero actual outlay at the London Stadium. When this all started the football press were saying how WHU would be the dominant London club in years to come - I think we might have a bit a wait :D

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He has already tried it but ultimately there was no buyers and Kemy left on a free.

LOL, I was just scrolling through to check whether anyone else had used that same joke. Of all the players down the years, yep, it was Kemy that i was going to use for the joke.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I posted once back at work 2 days after the game, Lets keep this about West ham shall we.

Don't you have a computer/i-phone etc in your caravan ?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
It is fascinating how the Premier league clubs handle the plastic cock issue. West Ham place them in their profit and loss wheras Palace place them behind the goal in the Holmesdale stand.

Early entry for post of the year

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I posted once back at work 2 days after the game, Lets keep this about West ham shall we.

Yep, we certainly can. But as this is a thread about a scummy little club in East rather than South London, you can just **** off.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do we definitely have empirical proof that Tony Bloom has never sold a dildo?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Me neither. I don't know how much the Boleyn Ground was sold for but West Ham must be getting the equivalent of half a century's rent for next to zero actual outlay at the London Stadium. When this all started the football press were saying how WHU would be the dominant London club in years to come - I think we might have a bit a wait :D

Boleyn ground was sold by Gold & Sullivan (who claims to be a property magnate and expert) for £38m to a company called Boleyn Phoenix Ltd, 50% owned by Galliard Properties & 50% by Mayflower Estates, run by a ‘colourful’ chap called Vince Gilligan (loves his mum and jellied eels, remembers the days you could leave your front door unlocked as Ronnie and Reggie looked after their own etc.)

Boleyn Phoenix then immediately sold the land to Barrett Homes for £60 million, paid tax on the profit and a £16 million dividend to the two shareholders. Boleyn Phoenix has not had any transactions since.

I’m not sure of the word to describe the deal, but ‘kushtie’ sounds abaht right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here