Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Good chance for some points tonight, should be a good game. Almost the same team as Everton for me, Bissouma coming in for gross to give us some extra pace on the counter.

tobemeister6

Jan 15, 2008
Stratford, London
Don't suppose anyone has a spare ticket for tonight do they? I moved to Stratford last month but missed the onsale date for the easiest game of the season for me to get to!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I work on the Olympic Park few pointers for those of you coming tonight.

If you are driving then the Blackwall Tunnel going north is very hit and miss around that time some nights its relatively clear other nights its as bad it is in the morning. That said this morning it was the quietest I've ever seen it in the morning and I got straight through. I would however allow between 10 and 30 mins to get through. Once through the tunnel I would avoid following the signs to Stratford or Westfield. They close the roads around Westfield so this always becomes a bottleneck. The better option is to stay on around the park and come back on yourself. Follow the signs for the velodrome or Lee Valley Hockey Stadium then come back on yourself on to the park past the big building with Here East emblazoned all over it. Then follow the signs to the car parks.

I park at Westfield. If you sign up to their smart parking (just need reg number and a card registered) then you can just drive in and out and won't have to worry about queuing at car park pay points. Use car park A or B because of the aforementioned road closures. Ignore the car park signs on the park. They are never correct. I parked up at 8am this morning and car park B was showing as full on one of the boards when it wasn't even 1/10th full.

Public transport is a doddle. You have Stratford, Stratford International, Hackney Wick and Pudding Mill Lane stations all within walking distance.

Not good for pubs around here. Hackney Wick has a few trendy craft beer places. Westfield has a couple bars, but its focused around shoppers. Tap East in the shopping centre near Stratford International is ok, but pricey. Best bet for a pub is to head out in to Stratford itself.

You have every food place you'd expect to find in a shopping centre in Westfield.

tobemeister6

Jan 15, 2008
Stratford, London
Still looking for a ticket for tonight, the ones previously mentioned have already gone, if anyone has one going spare or knows someone with a spare, would be eternally grateful! Can meet in London as I live here!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If we can approach the game in the same manner that we did the first half against Bournemouth we should have a good chance. West Ham have got some injuries and have had a days less rest than us so if we can play at a decent tempo they should tire.

I'm hoping that when I watch the replay tomorrow morning I won't be fast forwarding to the final minutes...

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Still looking for a ticket for tonight, the ones previously mentioned have already gone, if anyone has one going spare or knows someone with a spare, would be eternally grateful! Can meet in London as I live here!
I'm in the same boat as you, been trying forever [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I'm currently in the queue at my local DSTV office to renew my subscription before the game but these MUPPETS are taking for. Ever.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I work on the Olympic Park few pointers for those of you coming tonight.

If you are driving then the Blackwall Tunnel going north is very hit and miss around that time some nights its relatively clear other nights its as bad it is in the morning. That said this morning it was the quietest I've ever seen it in the morning and I got straight through. I would however allow between 10 and 30 mins to get through. Once through the tunnel I would avoid following the signs to Stratford or Westfield. They close the roads around Westfield so this always becomes a bottleneck. The better option is to stay on around the park and come back on yourself. Follow the signs for the velodrome or Lee Valley Hockey Stadium then come back on yourself on to the park past the big building with Here East emblazoned all over it. Then follow the signs to the car parks.

I park at Westfield. If you sign up to their smart parking (just need reg number and a card registered) then you can just drive in and out and won't have to worry about queuing at car park pay points. Use car park A or B because of the aforementioned road closures. Ignore the car park signs on the park. They are never correct. I parked up at 8am this morning and car park B was showing as full on one of the boards when it wasn't even 1/10th full.

Public transport is a doddle. You have Stratford, Stratford International, Hackney Wick and Pudding Mill Lane stations all within walking distance.

Not good for pubs around here. Hackney Wick has a few trendy craft beer places. Westfield has a couple bars, but its focused around shoppers. Tap East in the shopping centre near Stratford International is ok, but pricey. Best bet for a pub is to head out in to Stratford itself.

You have every food place you'd expect to find in a shopping centre in Westfield.

All good advice......may also want to consider the alternative to avoid the tunnel and traffic post-match - ie park at North Greenwich Underground Station (or O2 if full - unlikely) and jump on the Jubilee Line - if the early leavers clear off like they did last season, you can walk straight on to the Jubilee after the game and be back in the car park in no time, and you obviously avoid the river crossing/traffic both ways.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Was Izzy with them?

Not unless he flew there.

iz.png

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
What's the parking like up there? Only ever got the train

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

We parked at Westfield Stratford car park and the stadium is a short walk from there. It was on a Sunday though so unsure about match days. Found this online which may help:

"Secure Parking Car Park for the Olympic Stadium. If you’re planning on visiting the Olympic Park and Stadium, perhaps for an athletics event or a West Ham United home game, then there’s sure to be a lot of competition for parking spaces. Avoid the last-minute panic by parking at Secure Park’s Westfield Stratford car park, which is situated close by. It costs only £6.50 to park at the site for between 2-24 hours from Monday to Friday!"

There are earlier posts on parking though from people who probably know better than I.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here