Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
On general play we probably deserved to win but naturally we take the draw. More importantly is how aggressive we are away at the moment and we look capable of beating good sides bodes really well for the latter part of the season and seasons forthcoming

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure West Ham fans will be lamenting the poor defending for Duffy's goal too.

This performance is a long way away from the ponderous away performances at strugglers Cardiff, Burnley and Southampton. The evolution of this side is slow but steady.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
VAR cant come soon enough as yet another decision went against us and a goal scored that should have been ruled out.

Not convinced that ball was 100% out although I really wanted it to be. The replays suggest not

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
VAR cant come soon enough as yet another decision went against us and a goal scored that should have been ruled out.

According to the radio it didn’t cross the line.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That was West Ham’s best ever result against us in the EPL.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Frustrating, we should have won that. They’re a really average side and I felt we were going to win that before we went ahead.

This has been a really strange season, considering we look quite comfortable and most people would say we should be happy where we are, I honestly think we should be higher up the table and on more points. For me we’re better than West Ham, Bournemouth and Wolves etc so should be looking at 8th/9th place.

We’ve dropped so many points we should have won this season, the players and manager need more belief in themselves. We’re better than we think we are.

I think we belong where we are. We were no better than West Ham, who themselves are a decent Premier league team. Almost every team has results they'll rue and we're no exception. Look at West Ham, they've taken one point from our two games. It's not unreasonable to think they'll look at that as points dropped is it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How are you miserable Gits unhappy with that?
Talk about ridiculous expectations.
Perhaps because when you're 2-0 up with 25 minutes to go, it's reasonable to be hopeful of a win? It's not rocket science.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Good away point.Only disappointing thing was I had the correct score for only 2 minutes.:albion2:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would have taken a point before KO but really was very poor defending for both goals. Do think we have a real issue with the keeper, looks shaky and the defence have no confident in him. Yet to come out for a cross in either games.

If we had held out for 10 more mins at 0-2 the crowd would have got on WHU back and we would have won! Bissouma needs to start in front of Gross who was tragic today (yes I know he took the corners).
Don't know about Bissouma starting over Gross, but he should have come on (along with Andone) as soon as West Ham made their successful game-changing substitutions. Too slow to react (IMHO).

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Is it ‘ridiculous’ to hope that our team can hold a two goal lead? ???

Would have taken a point before the game but after going 2-0 up you can’t help but be disappointed. Frustrating to throw away a two goal lead. Left subs too late to make any real impact. All in all, feel deflated tbh.

That's the trouble with football though, there's always another team trying to score against you.
West Ham took 15 points from 18 in December so they've been on a decent run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think we belong where we are. We were no better than West Ham, who themselves are a decent Premier league team. Almost every team has results they'll rue and we're no exception. Look at West Ham, they've taken one point from our two games. It's not unreasonable to think they'll look at that as points dropped is it?

They should be beating teams like Brighton.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
2-0 and we f**ked it up!?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Perhaps because when you're 2-0 up with 25 minutes to go, it's reasonable to be hopeful of a win? It's not rocket science.

Yes, because every time a team goes 2 up, the other team never gets back into it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Watching on a stream where they showed it a few times I think it was over the line.

What possible stream could you have been watching that didn’t show it clearly not over the line? If it had been a goal line call it would have been no goal.

Re the goal being out or not. You only have to look at some of the corners, including both Gross' today and the ball on both occassions didnt seem to be in the corner area. Seems as long as part of the ball is behind the line - even if its not in contact with the ground - is enough for it to be in play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here