Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Hmm...

Line1.gif

Line2.gif

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite. We will finish in the middle third because we don't remotely look look we belong in the bottom third and the top third is pie in the sky. Some of the football we do play is very special to be honest and it boils my piss to read people describing someone like Bong as shite. He really isn't, he's just playing in a squad that is one of the top 15 in the country.

Arsenal D
Everton W
West Ham D
Sitting pretty in midtable

All after just 19 months in the PL.

Yet a few people jump on perceived negatives and CH.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I thought you were posting this picture to confirm that it didn't cross the line. Are you seriously looking at that and seeing it over the line?

It is not opinion. It is cold hard fact and data. The whole ball never went over the whole of the line...at least not in the video frames available.

I've consulted VAR at Stockley Park tonight.
They confirm that the ball never crossed the line :thumbsup:

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
The ball was in but it was so marginal the linesman must have been guessing. However, it was the right guess. If that was our opportunity we would have been annoyed for it to be ruled as out.

That’s why we are having VAR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I have been a critic of been too defensive away from home. Pleased last 3 away games we have given it a go. Even tonight we didnt shut up shop at 2.2

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Pretty happy with that point to be honest, yes it is frustrating that we were two up but we did not back off and go defensive, West Ham came at us and in Arnautovic they have an excellent player who bullied our back line. No defeats from Arsenal, Everton and West ham away is fantastic going.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Things will look a little rougher after the next couple of games but then our fixtures take something of a benign turn. I'm still very optimistic for an excellent second half of the season, as the new brigade are now working their way into the starting eleven.

There's a boring opinion for you all right there. Not nearly troll-like enough. :D

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Pretty happy with that point to be honest, yes it is frustrating that we were two up but we did not back off and go defensive, West Ham came at us and in Arnautovic they have an excellent player who bullied our back line. No defeats from Arsenal, Everton and West ham away is fantastic going.

5 points from those 3 games has to be better than our expectations

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's no coincidence that as soon as Duffy has returned we're looking stronger. The big Irishman is a strong candidate for player of the season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Things will look a little rougher after the next couple of games but then our fixtures take something of a benign turn. I'm still very optimistic for an excellent second half of the season, as the new brigade are now working their way into the starting eleven.

There's a boring opinion for you all right there. Not nearly troll-like enough. :D

Your optimism was well judged, it’s started with:

Everton W
West Ham (away) D

Based on their huge financial/squad advantages, that could easily have been LL.

:smile:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
The ball was in but it was so marginal the linesman must have been guessing. However, it was the right guess. If that was our opportunity we would have been annoyed for it to be ruled as out.

That’s why we are having VAR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VAR will be the death of this sort of debate. Where's the fun in that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here