Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cost of football really is a joke

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
If it puts a smile on your child's face then that's priceless.
Yes it's a lot of money but while there is a demand it wont change.

Even more reason that the player taking the lad onto the pitch should show some intrest in him,possibly going so far as to offer a few words,possibly that would be much more expensive

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This lads parents know how to ruin his birthday:-

[tweet]1101399751377981440[/tweet]

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Firstly that price is for the captain's mascot. The other packages at Brighton are cheaper.

Secondly my son was a mascot against Leicester this season. I paid for it and I'm not ashamed. To say he had the day of his life is an understatement, He's barely come down off the ceiling. He got to walk out with Davy Propper, do a warm up routine, have photos absolutely everywhere (I was behind the away dug out till 30 seconds before kick off) and we had excellent seats for the game, Murray scored at our end and ran to the mascots. The girls who looked after the mascots and parents were excellent. In fact I cannot praise the club enough, they were amazing.

This cost us £225. Now it would be vulgar to post that if I was bragging but I post it for comparison. Consider he got full kit (I guess over £50 retail), we both got seats in the West Lower (let's say around £50) and it's really £125. A birthday party at a bowling alley or Lazer Zone costs MUCH more than that.

All together it's outstanding value.

I've never been comfortable with the charging but when you see posts like this at least the Albion do it properly.

I am not concerned if people complain about the price, frankly if you can't afford it you probably can't afford top flight professional football. It's more to do with it being fairer to put all juniors' names in a hat, draw them and leave it as an extra that the club pays for like the Christmas kids parties used to be. The charging makes us look like we're after every last penny (and yes it's a business I know).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's more to do with it being fairer to put all juniors' names in a hat, draw them and leave it as an extra that the club pays for like the Christmas kids parties used to be. The charging makes us look like we're after every last penny (and yes it's a business I know).

The club still raffles two free places for each match - although, admittedly, the process isn't very transparent.

They went from two places to 12 (!) each match due to demand. Charging at least ensures that parents can line-up the day as a birthday treat - obv not possible if it's all randomised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here