Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Your New Years Eve Experience!

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Just back from Worthing - did i get the wrong day?

Nice Meal and then hit the bright lights of Warwick Street and The Thieves Kitchen - Just a max of 60 people in there and available seating and no queue for drinks.

We came home at 11.30pm and the streets were deserted too !

Can you beat that seismic excitement ? :)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We had a curry delivered and usual beers and wine. Watching Madness.

I haven't felt the same about new year since the year 2000 to be honest. the year that bars/pubs started charging us to go in to buy their beers.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A&E with my dad, a queue of ambulance stretchers out the door waiting to be processed and the place was rammed at 6pm........mental.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A&E with my dad, a queue of ambulance stretchers out the door waiting to be processed and the place was rammed at 6pm........mental.
Sorry to hear that, best of luck, the NHS always do their best.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just back from Worthing - did i get the wrong day?

Nice Meal and then hit the bright lights of Warwick Street and The Thieves Kitchen - Just a max of 60 people in there and available seating and no queue for drinks.

We came home at 11.30pm and the streets were deserted too !

Can you beat that seismic excitement ? :)
You are about 30 years too late, the Thieves used to be rammed NYE, pre the assault on the Clock Tower and the annual rumble with the Rozzers.!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Fireworks just woke me up. Went to bed at about 3pm and slept through the whole thing. Mrs TC pretending not to be annoyed. I don’t care. Going back to bed. Night all.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Sorry to hear that, best of luck, the NHS always do their best.

cheers,the AE department was superb even under very busy circumstances, hats off to them. Two other ambulance crews who my old man has had use of in the past few weeks made an effort to go see him in his cubicle and wish him the best after they recognised me and realised he was back in...........little things like that make a difference.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just woke up and getting viber messages from family over there.
We had a decent one at the club and got back at around 1am, then crashed.
Happy New Year to you all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Watching those cuddly all-round family entertainers Madness (weren't like that in 1979, I can tell thee) with an interlude of watching a hundred thousand people experiencing the superb midnight fireworks from London town through their four inch screens. Still, could be worse, could be watching Jools Holland, the deadly dull bastid offspring of Whispering Bob Harris shirley.

Happy New 2018-19 Season Part 2 everyone. Let's make it a good one, without any fear, as a wise man once said.
x

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
On the beach all day then a BBQ with family and friends at a rented house on Phillip Island.

A few drinks, sparklers at midnight and then to bed soon after.

This morning the men are fishing from the pier, the girls are lazing on the beach.

Happy New Year to you all:cheers::cool:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
cheers,the AE department was superb even under very busy circumstances, hats off to them. Two other ambulance crews who my old man has had use of in the past few weeks made an effort to go see him in his cubicle and wish him the best after they recognised me and realised he was back in...........little things like that make a difference.
We are indeed lucky to have them. Hope all ends well. Lost my mum to a stroke 3 and a half years back, the ambulance / A&E staff were amazing.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Few drinks at home, then down to city centre for fireworks. Loads of drunk, happy people around, but no organised entertainment - odd, as Radio Cornwall is across the road. Then home for more booze, and to watch the London fireworks (not impressed).

HNY all.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Working behind the bar at the family pub, could be worse though, at least all the family are here.

Happy New Year everyone

Xxx

theboybilly

An evenings entertainment laid on by the hotel in Costa Teguise. It just didn't have the same feel so couldn't really get into it. Just one G&T then back to the room just after midnight. I'll do Christmas in the sun again but not New Year. A week is enough

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Just finished probably the last wedding in Ontario of 2018. It was fun. They forgot the rings and had to send someone home for them. Then later I dropped the bride's ring but luckily we found it. Serves 'em right, the groom presented me with a Liverpool Supporters Club badge before kickoff.

The bride's young son came dressed as a gangster, albeit a girly looking gangster with shoulder length hair. But he always was going to be a bit strange after she named him Lion.

Now, back to the hockey...

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Usually like to go out and hit the bars and clubs for new years, this time had a much more casual approach, round a mates, few beers and home by 2am.....definately the way forward!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here