Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hodgson

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Commentators on the game were praising Woy for his teams formation and defensive acumen. At 1-0 down you are still in the game and we all know that Palace have that ability to score at the death.

I'm happy for him to be bumbling on below us.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
To be fair, Hodgson says it how he see's it and unlike at least half of the other top level managers has a post game viewpoint which suggests he's visited planet earth once or twice

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Commentators on the game were praising Woy for his teams formation and defensive acumen. At 1-0 down you are still in the game and we all know that Palace have that ability to score at the death.

I'm happy for him to be bumbling on below us.

Sounds familiar to how a certain team played at Liverpool earlier this season

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Christ.....they have just taken 3 points from City away and Chelsea at home ( 3 more than we did )....they are a decent, solid side, capable of moments of brilliance and in no danger of relegation. Another example of fans getting ahead of themselves. A year and a bit on from P7 L7 and they are keeping heads above water in the PL.
I'd say he was doing ok.

This. They are a striker short of being a much better side - Zaha wasted through the middle, although he was generally poor yesterday, but just no other realistic option at the moment. If they get a Solanke or someone of that ilk on loan in January, I would expect them to have a much better 2nd half of the season. They were feeble going forward yesterday, but they have players capable of doing spectacular things, just not consistently enough.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This. They are a striker short of being a much better side - Zaha wasted through the middle, although he was generally poor yesterday, but just no other realistic option at the moment. If they get a Solanke or someone of that ilk on loan in January, I would expect them to have a much better 2nd half of the season. They were feeble going forward yesterday, but they have players capable of doing spectacular things, just not consistently enough.
Surely the Sleeping Giant Benteke is due to return soon?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kind of interesting our relative mojos and opinion of our managers, considering we got 43 points in 2018 and they got 44

I’d be intererested to see the points as of 31 Dec 17 against 31 Dec 2018. I know they were a long way behind us at one stage last season but not by year’s end?

I think the last few games have seen mojos shoot up in the blue and white camp, not just the results but (for me) the all important performance and entertainment levels.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Kind of interesting our relative mojos and opinion of our managers, considering we got 43 points in 2018 and they got 44

Their expectations have not been managed as well as ours have though.

Parish has a shit or bust approach to the premier league.
They have spunked a lot of money over 6 years to be a point better off than us in the calendar year.

I wonder how we would feel if we had a crippling wage bill and were 6 points behind our rivals.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hodgson & Lewington are absolute dinosaurs, should never have worked again after England

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

we're moving forward, they are treading water at best.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If it's the bit I saw on MotD2, he essentially said that when you go one down against a side like Chelsea you have two options...

- Take risks immediately to try and get back in the game, but you could then concede several more
- Leave it until the last 15 minutes or so, and then take risks

I'm largely indifferent to Roy Hodgson, but I did think that his approach is very similar to Chris Hughton's.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Something along the lines of they stayed defensive after Chelsea scored to avoid conceding 4 or 5 more and that had they managed to score on a breakaway it would have been more than they deserved
Blimey, that's not going to go down well. I assume that's not the attitude that gave them the goals and points away to City, so a bit of a surprise they're like that at home. And it was only poor linesman decisions that kept it to 1-0, not good defending.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hodgson is a great manager, hoping they do get rid. He has done superbly well there given that they pretty much have no recognized striker.
Christ.....they have just taken 3 points from City away and Chelsea at home ( 3 more than we did )....they are a decent, solid side, capable of moments of brilliance and in no danger of relegation. Another example of fans getting ahead of themselves. A year and a bit on from P7 L7 and they are keeping heads above water in the PL.
I'd say he was doing ok.
I think you're both right, and on that basis I think your posts should be removed. This is going to sound ****ing ridiculous:
Palace fans notice what the mood is on NSC. When they have one of their stupid polls, we sabotage it. Word gets to their chairman, and they ignore the result of the poll because they realise it's the work of Brighton fans. Similarly, if they realise we think Roy is actually doing well, they'll keep him. What we need is sarcastic calls for him to stay. That'd see him dropped in no time.

The notion that posts here ultimately affect the decisions of the palace board is madness. But that doesn't mean it's not true, they are a basket case.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
All the palace fans I know want him to stay .

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
All the palace fans I know want him to stay .

Well I know a Palace fan who wants him out, so ner!

Went to a party last night with several Palace who had been to the game, they were disappointed with the negative display only improved when Wickham came on, also they thought Wilf was poor, maybe his head has been turned with interest from elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here