Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] New Years Eve

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A lot time ago in my teens and 20s every NYE I'd be out in a pub or a club getting absolutely sheebo'd but now I'm older I much prefer to spend the evening at home with good friends having a meal and a few drinks. Which is what I'll be doing tomorrow night. Then off to watch Whitehawk and have a couple of pints on the terraces to kill the hangover.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nights are a b@stard to do, so I know your 'pain's
Enjoy the break, as I do when they come along :thumbsup:

Waiting for sarcasm from the lawn mower man from Shoreham :lolol:

Amen. And you! Hope you get a break soon. Happy New Year!

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Im working and happy I am.Hate New Year eve.. everyone gets pissed an then fights was meant to be working 12 hrs 7 pm to 7 am but now 3 till 11, so have a quiet beer when I get home and off to bed.... Years ago it was different because the Pubs stayed open to 1 am .. now with 24hrs drinking its the norm.... Yes Old and Grumpy..

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
18 year old Son out in Brighton with his pals, 20 year old Daughter will be at her Boyfriends - so it's just me and Mrs Nose, plus an 11 year old Cavalier King Charles and her rancid Christmas farts which could make a Honey Badger turn and run... (the dogs, not the wife's).

2018 has been a bit of a "non-year" for me. I've achieved nothing apart from paying all the bills on time, but 2019 will be much better. I shall make it so.

Wish I could be with my best friend and his wife in Nottingham but all we'd do is worry our 18 year old Son was out in Brighton on the lash 200 miles away - and if anything happened..

Kids. :glare:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
NYE in NYC, drinks and a meal with friends then fireworks at Tavern on the Green in Central Park

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As usual, going out into the street with a bottle of whisky to offer a New Year dram to any of my neighbours. And then going back indoors to drink (some) of said bottle of whisky because, the same as the last almost thirty years, my neighbours just don't do that sort of thing!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Spending the day in Fremantle with wife and tonight at the local club till 1am.
Food, drinks and karaoke, I love a good sing song.
Much prefer New Years to Christmas, no religion to spoil it.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I'll be conducting a candlelit wedding. The couple have asked to be introduced as Mr and Mrs Viking as the groom is Icelandic and with the way they do names, the usual Mr and Mrs isn't an option.

As it happens, the groom is also about 6' 8" and looks EXACTLY like you would imagine a viking would look, so basically he could have asked me to say anything and I would have agreed.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Like the last 4 years or so, spending it with the in-laws in Beijing. Bloody cold too (-13)!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nice home cooked meal and then bed .... probably well before midnight. Rural France doesn't do NYE ..... thankfully.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
At home with the Misses. Trying to shield one of the dogs from going bananas due to fireworks. I shall be enjoying anti biotics due to a gum infection over Christmas so not even a bloody drink. Will go to bed early. Having said that, I hope 2019 turns out to be all you want it to be. Enjoy whatever you are doing and be safe. Cheers.:smile:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Well someones got to keep this country working :wink:

Heard that the Americans have shut down their government through the New Year. Something about Trump having a childish tantrum over not getting the money for a wall on the US/Mexico border that he promised that the Mexicans would pay for. Why does Trump need money if the Mexicans are paying for the border wall?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here