Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOTD

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
They seemed to think that a bit of the ball was not out of play. We will have to suck it up then. No arguments.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, apart from our two goals, and Bernardo's shot at the keeper, the whole game was played in our half, with West Ham attacking all the time was it? That's what it looked like on MOTD - nothing like the stats on the BBC website then, or the match reports on Sky - listening to those you'd have thought we had as many shots on goal as they did.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So, apart from our two goals, and Bernardo's shot at the keeper, the whole game was played in our half, with West Ham attacking all the time was it? That's what it looked like on MOTD - nothing like the stats on the BBC website then, or the match reports on Sky - listening to those you'd have thought we had as many shots on goal as they did.
In fairness, they were just as bad on Sky. We were watching Soccer Special and the whole narrative regarding the game was geared towards West Ham.

Only AFTER the game did Sue Smith (who I generally think is quite good) say "we probably should have mentioned how good both Brighton goals were". Which basically summed up the coverage.

Same on MOTD.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
In fairness, they were just as bad on Sky. We were watching Soccer Special and the whole narrative regarding the game was geared towards West Ham.

Only AFTER the game did Sue Smith (who I generally think is quite good) say "we probably should have mentioned how good both Brighton goals were". Which basically summed up the coverage.

Same on MOTD.

same with Everton game. Had a few people commenting on how Everton battered us . . . based on the highlights

Really looked forward to MOTD when we come up.

It's f king embarrassing in reality for small clubs

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
They completely edited out Dunk's elbow on Carrol which was a bit odd. Probably accidental, but surprised they didn't make it a talking point.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They completely edited out Dunk's elbow on Carrol which was a bit odd. Probably accidental, but surprised they didn't make it a talking point.

Did they show Bernardo's elbow on Snodgrass, as that seemed less accidental?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Did they show Bernardo's elbow on Snodgrass, as that seemed less accidental?

I think they did, but didn't make much of it. He needs to be a bit careful - he seems to have a hot-headed streak in him. In the game where Dunk got wrongfully booked for his foul, it was actually quite a nasty one - the mistaken identity issue got most of the attention, but it could easily have been a straight red for Bernado on another day.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think they did, but didn't make much of it. He needs to be a bit careful - he seems to have a hot-headed streak in him. In the game where Dunk got wrongfully booked for his foul, it was actually quite a nasty one - the mistaken identity issue got most of the attention, but it could easily have been a straight red for Bernado on another day.

Talking of mistaken identity, it was Bissouma that committed the first foul v Bournemouth. :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought it was Bissouma's foul that Dunk got booked for.

Edit: Beaten to it!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Watching the highlights, what was that about after their first goal with Dunky. Didn't seem to me as though he had done much, merely stooping to pick up the ball then basically barged into and pushed into the back of the net. Couldn't they just have got on with celebrating?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Watching the highlights, what was that about after their first goal with Dunky. Didn't seem to me as though he had done much, merely stooping to pick up the ball then basically barged into and pushed into the back of the net. Couldn't they just have got on with celebrating?

West Ham were trying to grab the ball to rush it back to the centre circle to encourage a quick kick off. Dunk was trying to slow this down.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
West Ham were trying to grab the ball to rush it back to the centre circle to encourage a quick kick off. Dunk was trying to slow this down.

Yes, I thought that was the case at the time, but watching it back, he hardly had time to slow things down before he was barged into. Strange really, because it wasn't as though it was the last ten minutes and they were running out of time.

luge

Dec 18, 2010

I used to work on MOTD and cut highlights - and was at the game. I don't think I would have put anything else in there. We had shots but they were really shit. We also had alot of good build up play and possession, but that isn't really highlight worthy. West Ham had quite a few good chances - but were poor in possession.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I used to work on MOTD and cut highlights - and was at the game. I don't think I would have put anything else in there. We had shots but they were really shit. We also had alot of good build up play and possession, but that isn't really highlight worthy. West Ham had quite a few good chances - but were poor in possession.

Yep, that agrees with my recollection. In fact I remarked at half time that although we'd has some very good play and promising positions, we'd hardly had a shot on goal.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove

It’s hilarious when a team rush to grab the ball after they score. Don’t they realise it’s the team that has just conceded that takes the kick-off and they aren’t going to rush, either with or without the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here