Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy Madley today’s ref

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Easy to big up a ref after you've won.

I don't remember a single instance of a football supporter, praising a ref after a defeat though.

The ref yesterday was magnificent. As was the Palace one!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Easy to big up a ref after you've won.

I don't remember a single instance of a football supporter, praising a ref after a defeat though.

The ref yesterday was magnificent. As was the Palace one!!

So was he good for 58 minutes at 0-0?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I watch a LOT of football and have seen a LOT of Andy Madley via matches on Sky throughout his ascent through the football leagues.

Had a good game today, I thought. No major criticisms. Managed the game well, always up with play and physically fit. Didn’t make a drama out of anything.
One question though - I thought the linesman gave the offside, not the ref? I haven’t seen a lot of angles. So when he went over for his Russian linesman decision - the Lino was definitive it was a goal. So why did his flag shoot straight up?

I actually think it was the other way around and the ref overruled Lino although this seems to be dissenting.

While we’re on refs, I like when we have have Michael Oliver and in particular Chris Kavanagh who I recognise as the best ref in the league.

Mini rant - not safe for knuckle-draggers: Kavanagh has called off a game here, sent off at least one player of ours, we don’t always win when he’s on etc. Despite this he’s still my preferred ref. This is because I don’t, short of a disasterpiece, attribute our result/performance alongside the referee.

This.

I also watch an insane amount of football and this particular ref has always seemed decent. Not the sort of narcissistic bollocks you get (got) with Clattenburg and the Shyster.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
The ref had a good game. Got the major decision right and didn't fall for Ricarlisons antics and played on

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I thought he should've given several fouls during the first 10 minutes but he simply let the game flow

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I thought he was the best ref we have seen in the Premier League. Untainted by players reputations, made fair and reasonable decisions throughout that you couldn't argue with. He let Everton decide whether to put the ball out when Richarlison fell over his feet and, when they played on, allowed Solly to play on too. I think any other ref would have stopped play, but Madley was obviously happy he knew what Richarlison was up to. Incidently, I thought Solly had a superb match.
As for the ref/lino goal incident, I saw at the time that the lino raised his flag, then immediately put it down, more like a semaphore signal than flagging for offside. I think he immediately realised his error. Madley rightly checked with him, but it only took a matter of seconds to confirm the goal. Madley is welcome at The Amex anytime.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I watch a LOT of football and have seen a LOT of Andy Madley via matches on Sky throughout his ascent through the football leagues.

Had a good game today, I thought. No major criticisms. Managed the game well, always up with play and physically fit. Didn’t make a drama out of anything.
One question though - I thought the linesman gave the offside, not the ref? I haven’t seen a lot of angles. So when he went over for his Russian linesman decision - the Lino was definitive it was a goal. So why did his flag shoot straight up?

I actually think it was the other way around and the ref overruled Lino although this seems to be dissenting.

While we’re on refs, I like when we have have Michael Oliver and in particular Chris Kavanagh who I recognise as the best ref in the league.

Mini rant - not safe for knuckle-draggers: Kavanagh has called off a game here, sent off at least one player of ours, we don’t always win when he’s on etc. Despite this he’s still my preferred ref. This is because I don’t, short of a disasterpiece, attribute our result/performance alongside the referee.
Kavanagh and his useless female Lino can do one. He used to be good now he has become another top 4 licker. Somehow spotted a Murray hand ball conveniently after Kane had a melt down. Think it was last seasons Leicester game Massy was making up throw in decisions as she went along to the bemusement of both sets of players.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Kavanagh and his useless female Lino can do one. He used to be good now he has become another top 4 licker. Somehow spotted a Murray hand ball conveniently after Kane had a melt down. Think it was last seasons Leicester game Massy was making up throw in decisions as she went along to the bemusement of both sets of players.

He’s my favourite ref ever...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In live play looked more out than in. He’s a useless Lino.
Eh? It's either in play or not and it's not an easy decision to make even with slow mo and with a freeze frame. Anyone blaming the lino for that when it is clearly a debatable decision is a complete clown.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Eh? It's either in play or not and it's not an easy decision to make even with slow mo and with a freeze frame. Anyone blaming the lino for that when it is clearly a debatable decision is a complete clown.

Read what it says under his username. He has one out of two correct.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ball was over the line for their second

I’m not sure it was. Maybe a ridiculously small margin kept it in. But he’d already fouled Bernardo by then anyway so shouldn’t have mattered. Shoving someone over with your arm is not ‘shoulder to shoulder’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here