Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Theo Walcott

Jul 7, 2003
Only realised he was playing with around 10 minutes to go as someone else pointed him out.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
This is the opening two paragraphs from Evertons BHA v EFC match thread.

"Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!!!

And finally our Annuruss Decemberus begins to turn, our 2nd away game finds Marcos banter merchants looking for a quick fire away win double. Of course 1 game doesnt mean everything is all good in the world, but it certainly helps right lads and lasses?

Personally I think these are in a very false position, fresh off the back of 3 defeats on the run and currently losing to Arsenal, can see them getting dragged into a scrap for safety near the end of the season, but thats enough about these utter no marks."

:lol::rave:

Yet another example of the tendency of established commentators (be they fans, pundits, journos) to patronise ‘newbies’. Let’s face it, these guys get a nosebleed coming to London,let alone another 50 miles southwards. They have no empathy with a club that has made it through the ranks, and why would they? Their focus is on joining the big boys,and given their history and backing, that is to be expected.

I thought we got used to it in Championship as one of the few clubs that had not played in PL so how dare we be anywhere near promotion.

We earn our spurs by what happens on the pitch. Continue doing it and we shall get the respect. If we are relegated, take solace from the fact that we shall be first on Sky TV the following season.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
In the first half I looked at the Everton team on the big screen and saw Walcotts' name, that was the first time I realised he was playing. I then spent the next few minutes trying to spot him an the pitch :)

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Got nothing against Walcott particularly, and I think he has a fair share of goals against us. But the only thing I remember of him today was when he sliced the ball out for a corner. I wouldn't take him over any of our wingers.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In the first half I looked at the Everton team on the big screen and saw Walcotts' name, that was the first time I realised he was playing. I then spent the next few minutes trying to spot him an the pitch :)

gather his team mates suffer a similar problem.

i jest of course, good player with unrealistic expections from the start of his career, great pace and instinct without great awareness or thought.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I had to check the line ups at hash HKG time again to see if he was playing. Which was good because when he does play well he's excellent IMO.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I had to check the line ups at hash HKG time again to see if he was playing. Which was good because when he does play well he's excellent IMO.

Love me some hash HKG time

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

He was the one Bernardo made look an idiot on a number of occasions.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
In the bus queue for Mill Rd a few Everton fans were raving about Bernado and were asking questions about him

Maybe I'm being wooshed here but you stated on another thread you didn't go ???

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He made a number of good runs off the ball which weren't picked out, his pace is electric and he looks keen. I think he's a great player but their tactics weren't even close to getting the best out of him. They were an odd mixture of being incredibly deep with 5 across the back line and cavalier by pressing really high up the pitch. I don't think the shape suits Walcott and he definitely wouldn't be a player for us in our system.

I would like to see someone with his pace in our side though, wasted as they might be. To skip off down the wing and stretch teams in the way that Locadia won't do because he wants to be inside the pitch and March can't do because he's remarkably slow, it's not his game and he starts basically from right back when we're looking to counter an attack.

Someone like Jose?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Maybe I'm being wooshed here but you stated on another thread you didn't go ???

Nah. I just tell the kids on here what they want to hear. It's fun. Been a season ticket holder ever since the Amex was built.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here