Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A view from the away end

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m even more pleased with today’s result, as last season the Everton game at the Amex annoyed me , more than any other . We outplayed them for 90 minutes, then , Bruno had a head rush and elbowed one of the scousers, and gave them a penalty.

They could have played all night and not scored if it hadn’t had been for that penalty.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You would think a season and a half of decent home form would earn us some respect. Teams outside the Top 6 don't come to the Amex and win, indeed Everton were lucky to scrape a draw last season.

It'll take at least 20 years for us to register on their radar as serious contenders. Unless we are taken over by someone like Abramovic or by a country like Man City.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Anyone else think Everton fans were amongst, if not the shittest away fans at the Amex, especially considering numbers? Thought the same last season. One chant consisting of one word, sang about 5 times throughout the 90 minutes. Shocking support

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I never really cared much about Everton, a bit of a nothing on the Brighton radar. After yesterday, well my conclusions have been made on this thread. Nuff said.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Honestly the amount of moaning from Bernard, Digne, Richarlison and now Silva in a match with basically one “controversial” moment when the ref played the correct call to play on, is staggering.

I used to quite like Everton. After their histrionics, play acting and the lack of class shown yesterday however, they can **** right off.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Richardson really is the Brazilian equivalent of Filthy Haha - he's a diva (did I spell that right) who thinks he is the only player on the pitch and everything should revolve around him then acts like a spoilt child when it doesn't. And, as for Walcott, - well there was someone wearing his shirt but that's about it . ..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No doubt the fact that should be beating teams like Brighton has something to do with the manager, the fans and teams discontent.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I was chatting to an Everton fan at Cobham services his football knowledge was the following
1. Everton are a top 6 club.
2. Burnley best BHA but Everton put 5 past Burnley therefore it should be an easy win for Everton!!

It was a short conversation in the Greggs queue.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So we've had Leicester complaining about the Amex being their furthest trip and now Everton doing the same.
When will they realise they only have to do it once a season, we have to do it every away game. Perhaps we should move Brighton somewhere else, Milton Keynes perhaps.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So we've had Leicester complaining about the Amex being their furthest trip and now Everton doing the same.
When will they realise they only have to do it once a season, we have to do it every away game. Perhaps we should move Brighton somewhere else, Milton Keynes perhaps.

Pathetic, the lot of them.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Echo is an appallingly bad paper, even by the standards of appallingly bad papers. It's web site is abysmal, stuffed to the rafters with adverts and clickbait, and slower than the slowest SASTA train on a stike day. It makes the Argus look almost respectable by comparison.

The Argus website is crap - ads, popups galore, you’re just one slightly misplaced finger away from triggering a pointless video ad. The comments below articles are full of trolls, haters and and constant warfare of Green vs Labour supporters, with a smattering of UKIP/EDL.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This guy thinks they can finish top four, that our goal shouldn't have stood and lumbering oaf Yerry Mina is one of the best defenders in the league :lolol:

20181230_113115.jpg

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The issue with Everton is. When they play well they are brilliant, when they don't get it their own way then they are easily turned over.

That's the nature of the type of players they have bought. They have about 8 show players and everyone knows that they are the most inconsistent types of player.

They pursued a Manager who at the very best has an up and down record at this level. He seems to go to clubs and they do well and then within 4 to 5 months they go on freefall.

This to me suggests a couple of things. He either takes on a squad of another Managers good players and does well and then when he builds his own squad it falls apart.

OR

He recruits well and then something goes wrong with his internal relationships with the players after a certain amount of time.

Whatever it is, he doesn't seem to be able to sustain momentum - It is difficult to keep a group of high profile players happy because this is a league where you need your full 25 man squad and trying to keep them all happy is difficult. We are starting to see that ourselves with many players sitting on the bench, who could quite justifiably argue that they should be playing each week.

Just look at Murray, Bissouma, Bong, Bruno yesterday. None of them have played badly, yet they can't get in the starting line up. A few weeks ago it was Locadia, Andone, Montoya in that position. It's how the players not playing apply themselves in training and when they do get opportunities they need to grab them instantly.

When players are out they need to be managed well because at some point they will be called upon from the bench or from the general squad. If they haven't been treated well in that period they won't bust a gut for you when they are called upon.

That leaves me to wonder, how the fringe players are dealt with by Silva because when injuries and suspensions start to kick in during the course of the seems to be when his ''magic'' starts to his managerial reigns seems to falter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here