Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's time to start saying out loud what we all feel

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of all our recent signings, most have been unknowns to me with my son filling in many details based on FIFA ratings and his uncanny ability to find televised football at any time of the day. One exception was Montoya - as I watched La Liga when I could he was a "name" to me and I really got my hopes up. So having him not even in the squad at times puzzled me. But that just seems to be the way the subs bench is filled and it's rare your full back gets subbed anyway. However, with Bernardo I was fully in the "who the **** is that?" club and yet Winstano seems to have unearthed an even bigger gem. Fair play to him.

He certainly deserves his imminent month long holiday.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, we are - and if our manager shares that same belief, we might start competing in away games as well. :thumbsup:

Well he's already seeing the instant benefits of starting with two front men up front at home. Who knows, he might go completely head-mental and try the same thing away from home.

Yes, he does at last seem to realise you can't rely on just Murray.

With the pace of Andone he can press them far better, Locadia helps this work even better.

It's making it far better for Davy and Dale to pick up the pieces and distribute to the team.

Long may it continue!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
First 25 mins today was electric. Fans were also brilliant.

I didn't quite know how to phrase it, so well done.

My take was going to be:-

'Isn't it about time we stopped looking down towards the relegated teams?'

'Ohhh I hope Fulham Huddersfield is a draw' - F**k off, that's got nothing to do with us.
The only team, below us, that we should be casting an eye over, is them up the road.

Let's not get too complacent. Last season AFCB were in a significantly better position than we are now, but then embarked on a lean run which sped them towards the mire before recovering.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're not in any danger of relegation but - similarly - we have no chance of a top half finish unless we start picking up wins away. Indeed, our away form is relegation standard. I think that will change in time.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Just wait until Alireza is healthy. Combination of him, Locadia and Andone is going to be remembered by generations. Mark my words!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The biggest cause for me is Propper being able to get forward and help. I know other parts have to help him do that but before we had a massive gap infront of our 2 holding midfielders who were constantly pinned back.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I continue to be very happy with what i am seeing. The club are doing a fantastic job.

I even applaud the continued use of Solly as i think he is developing into a very exciting player.

#licker

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
When you take a step back it's bloody nice/still slightly surreal to think we just outplayed and beat Everton, and could/should have beaten arsenal (again); both teams who have spent far far more money than us on transfer fees and wages. Most of our summer signings are really starting to look the business now and I definitely don't think we've even seen the best of them yet. Bissouma and Jahanbaksh not even playing yesterday either, not to mention Izqueirdo who's had a frustrating season. We really aren't a bad Premier League side at all now on our day. Just need to transfer our home form to away, although there are signs of change and improvement... :smile:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I continue to be very happy with what i am seeing. The club are doing a fantastic job.

I even applaud the continued use of Solly as i think he is developing into a very exciting player.

#licker

Some very clever moves and runs by March yesterday. He's looking better and better imo. Loved it when he ran down the wing and got a corner after ignoring Richarlison rolling around on the half way line

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When you take a step back it's bloody nice/still slightly surreal to think we just outplayed and beat Everton, and could/should have beaten arsenal (again); both teams who have spent far far more money than us on transfer fees and wages. Most of our summer signings are really starting to look the business now and I definitely don't think we've even seen the best of them yet. Bissouma and Jahanbaksh not even playing yesterday either, not to mention Izqueirdo who's had a frustrating season. We really aren't a bad Premier League side at all now on our day. Just need to transfer our home form to away, although there are signs of change and improvement... :smile:

We've still got a long way to go.
Remember from our squad only Dunk would manage to get into palace's, and even then only on the bench.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We've still got a long way to go.
Remember from our squad only Dunk would manage to get into palace's, and even then only on the bench.

Obviously we are massively over achieving and Palace have yet to hit form, Dunk would be lucky to make the bench if they didn’t have injuries :wink:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Think we look the real deal at home. Away we must try harder. All in all starting to like being a Premier league team.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This two men upfront bit I find interesting....we have tweaked it a bit...but its still a kind of 4411...but sometimes moving to 443/442...part of this forward momentum is down to a change in personal at left back....with Bernardo being more attacking than Bong..midfielders moving the ball quicker and pressing higher....then you have Locadia who does move centrally but is still starting out on the wing.....he has shown a blistering turn of speed and a good range of passing....plus scores goals! I wonder if he would have had the chance he has had in the last few games if Izzy wasn't injured ...its almost happened by accident.

Anyway its a squad game and I believe that those left out today or only on for a short while (Murray) still have a part to play and I'm not writing the off

Isn't that a thing. Bissouma, Izzy, Ryan and Jakanbash (spelt totally wrong) not even on the pitch, could add Murray not starting, Knocky, Bruno and Bong to that list and we still have a fantastic starting 11. Oh my days.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Completely agree. What I've also noticed is the tranformation of our attacking options. Izzy and Jahanbaksh not forgetting Knockaert have had limited game time. Bedding in and inclusion in the first team squad in the same manner as Locadia, Andone and yes even March will reap benefits through the season as injuries hit and rotation is necessary. Exciting times and I haven't even mentioned Bissouma or Bernado who in my opinion are the most exciting prospects of all our signings.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
This two men upfront bit I find interesting....we have tweaked it a bit...but its still a kind of 4411...but sometimes moving to 443/442...part of this forward momentum is down to a change in personal at left back....with Bernardo being more attacking than Bong..midfielders moving the ball quicker and pressing higher....then you have Locadia who does move centrally but is still starting out on the wing.....he has shown a blistering turn of speed and a good range of passing....plus scores goals! I wonder if he would have had the chance he has had in the last few games if Izzy wasn't injured ...its almost happened by accident.

Anyway its a squad game and I believe that those left out today or only on for a short while (Murray) still have a part to play and I'm not writing the off

Yes, it's great, the formation changes during the game: we finally have some mobility in our shape and attacking. I love it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here