Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's time to start saying out loud what we all feel

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are a very good team. We deserve our position and we deserve to be in the premier

Everton could not relax today and every time we broke up their attack they were worried we would break away and score.

We have a fantastic defence, bernado is one of the best footballers we have seen at brighton and Montoya is getting better and better.

The midfield is tight nad more and more creative

Andone has blistering pace and locadia plays some fantastic balls .

Sing it loud and clear...we are a very good team!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’d go along with that. For me the upgrade of both full backs is the biggest factor, Bernardo and Montoya are comfortably Premier League players, as are Dunk and Duffy. March and Montoya have developed a nice partnership whilst Bernardo and Locadia seem to have an excellent understanding. Hughton clearly trusts his back 4 as we’re seeing more and more attacking emphasis from Propper and Stephens. We also seem to be demonstrating some real tenacity, we have some real battlers in our team and even March is starting to put himself about physically.
From front to back we have a very good team, and I think Hughton knows, and more importantly I think the players know it. I’m actually very excited about where this squad can go.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We are a very good team. We deserve our position and we deserve to be in the premier

Everton could not relax today and every time we broke up their attack they were worried we would break away and score.

We have a fantastic defence, bernado is one of the best footballers we have seen at brighton and Montoya is getting better and better.

This. Well said.

LVGull

May 13, 2016

I’ve been saying it for ages.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't quite know how to phrase it, so well done.

My take was going to be:-

'Isn't it about time we stopped looking down towards the relegated teams?'

'Ohhh I hope Fulham Huddersfield is a draw' - F**k off, that's got nothing to do with us.
The only team, below us, that we should be casting an eye over, is them up the road.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes, we are a good team and we deserve to be where we are.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well he's already seeing the instant benefits of starting with two front men up front at home. Who knows, he might go completely head-mental and try the same thing away from home.

This two men upfront bit I find interesting....we have tweaked it a bit...but its still a kind of 4411...but sometimes moving to 443/442...part of this forward momentum is down to a change in personal at left back....with Bernardo being more attacking than Bong..midfielders moving the ball quicker and pressing higher....then you have Locadia who does move centrally but is still starting out on the wing.....he has shown a blistering turn of speed and a good range of passing....plus scores goals! I wonder if he would have had the chance he has had in the last few games if Izzy wasn't injured ...its almost happened by accident.

Anyway its a squad game and I believe that those left out today or only on for a short while (Murray) still have a part to play and I'm not writing the off

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
This two men upfront bit I find interesting....we have tweaked it a bit...but its still a kind of 4411...but sometimes moving to 443/442...part of this forward momentum is down to a change in personal at left back....with Bernardo being more attacking than Bong..midfielders moving the ball quicker and pressing higher....then you have Locadia who does move centrally but is still starting out on the wing.....he has shown a blistering turn of speed and a good range of passing....plus scores goals! I wonder if he would have had the chance he has had in the last few games if Izzy wasn't injured ...its almost happened by accident.

Anyway its a squad game and I believe that those left out today or only on for a short while (Murray) still have a part to play and I'm not writing the off

Yves Bissouma. Quite were you would play him in a game like today ???????????

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

I have thought from mid November that a transformation would probably take place sooner rather than later , primarily in order to get some more potency into the final 1/3rd. I firmly now believe that Project Transformation with Andone and Locadia beginning to look seriously potent, is under way, big time!
With more mobility in and around the box it also means our midfielders like Gross,Stephens and Propper have options available in finding the front and wide men.

I wouldn't say we are very good just yet; but we are good and getting gooder and gooder!

Excited and I think that Wednesday against the Ammers will be a great gauge of where we are at. Same team line up I think?

TNBA

TTF

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
It grips my fecal matter when opposition and their supporters bemoan 'how poorly they played' when in truth, it is the performances put in by our boys that limits their opportunities, not allowing them to play as they would like to against 'lesser teams'

This appears to be the view of mainstream media as well

As much as I enjoyed Lawrenson surging through the middle at the Goldstone, I've not heard him say a good word about us and his popularity has somewhat wained in my opinion

Another top performance with buckets of passion, drive and determination

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
'Ohhh I hope Fulham Huddersfield is a draw' - F**k off, that's got nothing to do with us.
The only team, below us, that we should be casting an eye over, is them up the road.

:lolol: good point.

I'm actually glad Huddersfield lost. They're nearly as tinpot as Reading and Wagner has been found out with no Plan B whatsoever.

(The above has nothing at all to do with the OP) :whistle:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree with all the comments about the importance of quality fullbacks and how we finally have two. Their predecessors for various reasons had weaknesses at this level at this stage in their careers.

= more brilliant work by Paul Winstanley, an unsung hero.

Other PL clubs such as Everton go on huge scatter-gun spending sprees for ‘names’, for little advantage, unless you happen to be an agent.

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
But I dont understand?

Every Premier League sides that have been in the premier league before us should be beating #teams like Brighton???😂

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agree with all the comments about the importance of quality fullbacks and how we finally have two. Their predecessors for various reasons had weaknesses at this level at this stage in their careers.

= more brilliant work by Paul Winstanley, an unsung hero.

Other PL clubs such as Everton go on huge scatter-gun spending sprees for ‘names’, for little advantage, unless you happen to be an agent.

Of all our recent signings, most have been unknowns to me with my son filling in many details based on FIFA ratings and his uncanny ability to find televised football at any time of the day. One exception was Montoya - as I watched La Liga when I could he was a "name" to me and I really got my hopes up. So having him not even in the squad at times puzzled me. But that just seems to be the way the subs bench is filled and it's rare your full back gets subbed anyway. However, with Bernardo I was fully in the "who the **** is that?" club and yet Winstano seems to have unearthed an even bigger gem. Fair play to him.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Quite, John Gregory is an ******** as well. Like Lawrenson, a lack of respect for their upbringing and formative years and previous employers who in certain instances paved their way to success. The ones you snigger at when they fall on their sword, so to speak!

It grips my fecal matter when opposition and their supporters bemoan 'how poorly they played' when in truth, it is the performances put in by our boys that limits their opportunities, not allowing them to play as they would like to against 'lesser teams'

This appears to be the view of mainstream media as well

As much as I enjoyed Lawrenson surging through the middle at the Goldstone, I've not heard him say a good word about us and his popularity has somewhat wained in my opinion

Another top performance with buckets of passion, drive and determination

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here