Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I'll have whatever Stephens and Propper are having

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Both played very well but just for skills on the ball and vision Propper was motm today

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
However four points from the last two games...only the most optimistic would have us down for four against Everton and Arsenal !!
I had Brighton down to get 6 points from these games.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes Propper was brilliant again today and is getting towards "first name on the team sheet" territory

Stephens was quite good, but is really looking over his shoulder for his place with two very good central midfielders on the bench. The thing that he's got in his favour is the new system benefits from having a very deep lying CM, which is his game.

Gross must also on the edge of losing his place.

None of this is any sort of slight at Gross of Stephens who are both terrific, just a comment about the quality of players we have pressing for their places

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Stephens was poor first half, just look at that pass back to the keeper! That is just one mistake and there were plenty. He was better second half though. But how does he get in ahead of Bissouma?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's time for them to take this new positivity into an away match and bag us a win.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Could be that they are very good footballers who are at the top of their game? Tony Grealish used to get the same sort of stick back in the day. It’s usually from people who don’t know what makes a good football team. And would fill it with Ronaldos and Messis if it was up to them. You need players like Stephens and Pröpper to do the hard yards.

One of the reasons was that Grealish replaced two star midfielders Horton and Sully - and wasnt in their league - he was good, a bit dull, but not as good as them!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Stephens was poor first half, just look at that pass back to the keeper! That is just one mistake and there were plenty. He was better second half though. But how does he get in ahead of Bissouma?

Very obvious that those with a pre-determined opinion would pick out that as a focal point of his performance. It was a bad backpass, he was being overly cautious when we were pinned in, so he passed it across goal rather than to feet. Whether he simply mishit it or lacked belief in Button to have quick feet enough to clear the danger is uncertain, what is certain is it resulted in a corner which came to nothing. There are dozens of unforced errors in every match from all players.

And no, there were not plenty from him first half. You have just made that up to fit your bias.

We have just taken 4 pts from 6 against two very good sides since he came back into the team. He makes us significantly harder to break down and allows our other midfielders more freedom. It is absolutely staggering at this stage, after playing for us for over 4 years now, that a vocal minority of fans still cannot see what he offers us. I can understand ball watching to a certain extent, but even if you're only ball watching, you are still able to see how often he breaks down opposition moves, surely?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Very obvious that those with a pre-determined opinion would pick out that as a focal point of his performance. It was a bad backpass, he was being overly cautious when we were pinned in, so he passed it across goal rather than to feet. Whether he simply mishit it or lacked belief in Button to have quick feet enough to clear the danger is uncertain, what is certain is it resulted in a corner which came to nothing. There are dozens of unforced errors in every match from all players.

And no, there were not plenty from him first half. You have just made that up to fit your bias.

We have just taken 4 pts from 6 against two very good sides since he came back into the team. He makes us significantly harder to break down and allows our other midfielders more freedom. It is absolutely staggering at this stage, after playing for us for over 4 years now, that a vocal minority of fans still cannot see what he offers us. I can understand ball watching to a certain extent, but even if you're only ball watching, you are still able to see how often he breaks down opposition moves, surely?

I raise you one Ashley Barnes.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I raise you one Ashley Barnes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It can’t be done on TV/streams, but at games take time out to watch Stephens when we haven’t got the ball for a spell. He plays the DM role expertly - relentlessly closing potential avenues for the opposition, providing security for Duffy/Dunk, and he’s done that virtually since the moment he arrived.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I met Stephens after game and told him the closing down was first class. Clearly a game plan today. Class.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Both were bloody tremendous today.

I'm a fan of both players, but they both seem to have stepped up to another level recently. Possibly down to change of tactics, maybe Bissouma and Kayal chasing hard.

Great to watch anyway

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Stephens has been fantastic in the last 2 games. Bissouma's form has given him a kick up the backside and Chrissie's tactics have released his passing inhibitions.

A pleasure to watch.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Over-declarative... I like that phrase. probably spot on. I just loved his performance in the opening half an hour, yes, a few mistakes second half but he was under a lot of pressure by their gazillion attacking players they threw on second half, and he held up very well. of course the NSC faithful will give Propper 9's because a couple of pieces of sublime skill, but won't give anything like that to DS because they don't appreciate the destructive side of the game as much, but will remember a couple of errors, but we've all come to expect that from the NSC masses.

They were both great and won that midfield battle so early that Everton struggled and eventually tore their formation to pieces. That was the game winner there.

Along with England International Lewis Dunk, the harrying of Andone, the wonderful play in both halves of the pitch by Montoya and Bernardo, the simple strength and elegance of Locadia, yeah I enjoyed that today.

Spoilt for choice! :) :albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stephens has been fantastic in the last 2 games. Bissouma's form has given him a kick up the backside and Chrissie's tactics have released his passing inhibitions.

A pleasure to watch.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Correct on both counts I reckon. We're bubbling along very nicely

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Propper andvSgevebebs

Propper and Stevens are only championship performers and no more. Goals scored from out midfielders? W’ll Survive thibseason. Edausevof the crp in this division but another lucky performance

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Actually, I rated him until his sending off, he should never have been thrown straight back in against Chelsea. Did you notice how the game changed when Bissouma came on? Or does that not fit your agenda?
I want all players to do well and I accept that mistakes will happen, otherwise they would be playing for Barcelona.

He made plenty of mistakes and the back pass was the highlight. Luckily for him it came to nothing, eventually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here