Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Both played very well but just for skills on the ball and vision Propper was motm today
    Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Both played very well but just for skills on the ball and vision Propper was motm today
      Easily MOTM just for that turn he did
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
      However four points from the last two games...only the most optimistic would have us down for four against Everton and Arsenal !!
      I had Brighton down to get 6 points from these games.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Yes Propper was brilliant again today and is getting towards "first name on the team sheet" territory

Stephens was quite good, but is really looking over his shoulder for his place with two very good central midfielders on the bench. The thing that he's got in his favour is the new system benefits from having a very deep lying CM, which is his game.

Gross must also on the edge of losing his place.

None of this is any sort of slight at Gross of Stephens who are both terrific, just a comment about the quality of players we have pressing for their places

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hut View Post
      Easily MOTM just for that turn he did
      Where's the gif? Surely someone has made one by now

1 Not allowed!
      Stephens was poor first half, just look at that pass back to the keeper! That is just one mistake and there were plenty. He was better second half though. But how does he get in ahead of Bissouma?

1 Not allowed!
      It's time for them to take this new positivity into an away match and bag us a win.
      "Intercluderent aut mori"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maglers View Post
      Could be that they are very good footballers who are at the top of their game? Tony Grealish used to get the same sort of stick back in the day. It’s usually from people who don’t know what makes a good football team. And would fill it with Ronaldos and Messis if it was up to them. You need players like Stephens and Pröpper to do the hard yards.
      One of the reasons was that Grealish replaced two star midfielders Horton and Sully - and wasnt in their league - he was good, a bit dull, but not as good as them!

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Birdie Boy View Post
      Stephens was poor first half, just look at that pass back to the keeper! That is just one mistake and there were plenty. He was better second half though. But how does he get in ahead of Bissouma?
      Very obvious that those with a pre-determined opinion would pick out that as a focal point of his performance. It was a bad backpass, he was being overly cautious when we were pinned in, so he passed it across goal rather than to feet. Whether he simply mishit it or lacked belief in Button to have quick feet enough to clear the danger is uncertain, what is certain is it resulted in a corner which came to nothing. There are dozens of unforced errors in every match from all players.

And no, there were not plenty from him first half. You have just made that up to fit your bias.

We have just taken 4 pts from 6 against two very good sides since he came back into the team. He makes us significantly harder to break down and allows our other midfielders more freedom. It is absolutely staggering at this stage, after playing for us for over 4 years now, that a vocal minority of fans still cannot see what he offers us. I can understand ball watching to a certain extent, but even if you're only ball watching, you are still able to see how often he breaks down opposition moves, surely?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      Very obvious that those with a pre-determined opinion would pick out that as a focal point of his performance. It was a bad backpass, he was being overly cautious when we were pinned in, so he passed it across goal rather than to feet. Whether he simply mishit it or lacked belief in Button to have quick feet enough to clear the danger is uncertain, what is certain is it resulted in a corner which came to nothing. There are dozens of unforced errors in every match from all players.

And no, there were not plenty from him first half. You have just made that up to fit your bias.

We have just taken 4 pts from 6 against two very good sides since he came back into the team. He makes us significantly harder to break down and allows our other midfielders more freedom. It is absolutely staggering at this stage, after playing for us for over 4 years now, that a vocal minority of fans still cannot see what he offers us. I can understand ball watching to a certain extent, but even if you're only ball watching, you are still able to see how often he breaks down opposition moves, surely?
      I raise you one Ashley Barnes.
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!