Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Button..............well what do you think?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I liked his passion and he played well. It looked to me it was a mistake with the slip but recovered well. His kicking is a definite plus.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
People are saying how well he played today but he only had a fraction of the work that Matty had to do against Arsenal, for example. The spillage was telling though, and I feel the crucial low save he made that went for a corner would probably have been held by Matty. I think it was too dangerous when he came out of his penalty area late on, and I'm pretty sure that Matty wouldn't have risked it.

I don’t understand how you can say “Matty” wouldn’t do certain things. No keeper holds onto everything! As for the coming out of the area, I think he gave a bloody great shout to his defenders and made a great call coming for it - very brave keeping in my opinion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd like to see the moment it slipped out of his hands and we had to defend for sheer life in the first half again as I really couldn't quite see who was at fault from the WSU. As for the rest, he was excellent and kept a justified clean sheet with a performance that'll have Aussie Mat looking over his shoulder.
Looked like a very difficult take....zipped across and bounced just in front of him. Apart from that he looked very sound. As others have said he's got a great range of kicking too.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His kicking was good getting great distance but the one thing I did notice is that he only kicks with his right foot as opposed to Ryan who can use either foot so perhaps this something the defenders must bare in mind when passing back to him to clear.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thought he did well, certainly had his fair share of saves and did well with them. Excellent kicking and distribution too

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So the coaching team and CH were right? He's a capable deputy???

Wow. Who'd have thunk it.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Genius move really, they know we have Walton coming through, managed to fill 2 Home Grown slots with British sub keepers and at least 1 seems capable to cover the 5 games Ryan is away. 2 of which are almost free hits

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I'd like to see the moment it slipped out of his hands and we had to defend for sheer life in the first half again as I really couldn't quite see who was at fault from the WSU. As for the rest, he was excellent and kept a justified clean sheet with a performance that'll have Aussie Mat looking over his shoulder.

As I saw it, after he dropped it and went to dive on it, Propper(?) kicked it out of his hands which created the following melee.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Considering it was his first game in a long time I think he did pretty well.

Clean sheet and a decent performance will do him the world of good.

I would play him against bmuff in the cup also

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He was OK today, but did Button need a thread? ???

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Clean sheet and decent enough performance, but made a couple of errors which could have resulted in goals.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
His kicking was good getting great distance but the one thing I did notice is that he only kicks with his right foot as opposed to Ryan who can use either foot so perhaps this something the defenders must bare in mind when passing back to him to clear.

Can you make sure you email Ben Roberts in the morning so we’re sure the message gets across?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here