Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dominic Solanke

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Why do we think we have any chance of signing him?

We play 1 striker and have Murray, Andone and now Locadia banging in goals. We have gone on record that we have very little interest in doing business. If we do business signing another striker would be a bizarre move. If we get anyone it'll be a number 10 on loan, surely?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

We play 1 striker and have Murray, Andone and now Locadia banging in goals. We have gone on record that we have very little interest in doing business. If we do business signing another striker would be a bizarre move. If we get anyone it'll be a number 10 on loan, surely?

I'd imagine it's because we've been widely tipped in the press as being the front runners to sign him... not sure in Naylor has commented on this one though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd imagine it's because we've been widely tipped in the press as being the front runners to sign him... not sure in Naylor has commented on this one though.

Actually Andy Naylor said this morning that both Hughton & Ashworth like this player, but he would be odds against a deal being done in January.

Nexttttttttt

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Actually Andy Naylor said this morning that both Hughton & Ashworth like this player, but he would be odds against a deal being done in January.

Nexttttttttt

That's us a shoo-in to sign him now.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

- Why bizarre ? Albion are looking long term at more HGP, younger players and a replacement for Murray. And there's been several reports now that we're after a permanent not a loan deal.
- Club often say expect no business, and true at moment have no big gaps so thats the most likely scenario but won't turn down opportunities if they become available.
- We've started with 2 of those three in recent games. Hughton is flexing 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1, 4-4-1-1.
- Naylor said this , this morning. "CH and Dan Ashworth like the player. Odds against at this stage it will be done in Jan, but hasn't been ruled out if the terms are suitable for a permanent deal. "

Still seems unlikely but hardly bizarre.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
- Why bizarre ? Albion are looking long term at more HGP, younger players and a replacement for Murray. And there's been several reports now that we're after a permanent not a loan deal.
- Club often say expect no business, and true at moment have no big gaps so thats the most likely scenario but won't turn down opportunities if they become available.
- We've started with 2 of those three in recent games. Hughton is flexing 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1, 4-4-1-1.
- Naylor said this , this morning. "CH and Dan Ashworth like the player. Odds against at this stage it will be done in Jan, but hasn't been ruled out if the terms are suitable for a permanent deal. "

Still seems unlikely but hardly bizarre.

Anyone got live satellite data to allow us to track his car after leaving Southampton?

If he is planning on going to Bournemouth perhaps we could do a Narrich and intercept him on the M27?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The time it takes to drive from Southampton, you may as well just drive down.

Drive from Liverpool? That would take longer. Eastleigh to Lancing can't be more than 90 mins to drive.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Anyone got live satellite data to allow us to track his car after leaving Southampton?

If he is planning on going to Bournemouth perhaps we could do a Narrich and intercept him on the M27?

Where are the team staying tonight? Southampton hotel?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I love a good transfer saga. Particularly when it consists of flights, sightings and other teams. I don't even know if I want us to sign him - I've never seen him play - but I'm going to enjoy the saga whichever way it plays out.

Edit:

Solanke currently at Bournemouth. £15m deal. Permanent not Loan.
Source ; Alan Nixon

Turns out its lasted as long as it took m to make my post.

Unless there's a twist in the tale like all good saga's should have...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Er what? 20 year old striker who's played 27 times for Liverpool and regular feature in England youth teams becomes available, and it would be bizarre to try and sign him??

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Er what? 20 year old striker who's played 27 times for Liverpool and never did anything during any of those appearances and regular feature in England youth teams which means absolutely nothing at Prem standard, becomes available, and it would be bizarre to try and sign him for £15m and pay him big wages??

Slight correction

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here