Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dominic Solanke

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It's a no to loan deal, and an absolutely not to a permanent deal.

Modern day Francis Jeffers, only.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
maybe this will finally be the news that some of the missing palace fans need to appear again on here.

Hope so , as we are still laughing at the 3-1 with 10 men

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
hasn't kicked a ball in anger all season ?
Scored 1 goal in 21 Premiership games for Liverpool with all that creativity behind him in the team.
What makes him such a target with lower Premiership clubs without that kind of creativity, it appears he has failed to impress the Liverpool manager The same manager who dumped very quickly Benteke and Sakho

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Scored 1 goal in 21 Premiership games for Liverpool with all that creativity behind him in the team.
What makes him such a target with lower Premiership clubs without that kind of creativity, it appears he has failed to impress the Liverpool manager The same manager who dumped very quickly Benteke and Sakho

Remind me, which bunch of idiots did he manage to offload those donkeys to? For about £60m........ :ffsparr:

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

Using number of goals per appearance can be very misleading for players who are usually subs. He rarely started and was often used as a time wasting substitution towards the end of games when Liverpool were protecting a lead and doing little attacking. He averages less than 30 minutes per appearance for them so in reality his ratio is about 1 goal per 7 matches. Not fantastic, but it's far too small a sample to dismiss him.

Considering how little competitive football he's played over the last year he looked very sharp for England U21s against Denmark and Italy and notched 4 goals in those 2 games. People are dismissing him far too readily IMO. I'm not saying he'd definitely set the world on fire for us, but I think he'd be a promising acquisition if he could be brought in on a permanent basis, especially if it was under £10m.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, Palace really really need a striker with a good track record in a top European league, they have pocketed the thick end of half a billion quid in the last 6 years, but, the only 2 strikers they have been linked with, is a under 23 year old loan from Liverpool who has played exactly zero PL minutes this season, and a 36 year old who can’t get into Bournemouth’s team, also on loan.
For the 3rd window on the trot, their expenditure is expected to be either non existent or minimal at best.

They’ve got no money, have they?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
So, Palace really really need a striker with a good track record in a top European league, they have pocketed the thick end of half a billion quid in the last 6 years, but, the only 2 strikers they have been linked with, is a under 23 year old loan from Liverpool who has played exactly zero PL minutes this season, and a 36 year old who can’t get into Bournemouth’s team, also on loan.
For the 3rd window on the trot, their expenditure is expected to be either non existent or minimal at best.

They’ve got no money, have they?

Ringfenced for the new stand isn't it ? :flypig:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Using number of goals per appearance can be very misleading for players who are usually subs. He rarely started and was often used as a time wasting substitution towards the end of games when Liverpool were protecting a lead and doing little attacking. He averages less than 30 minutes per appearance for them so in reality his ratio is about 1 goal per 7 matches. Not fantastic, but it's far too small a sample to dismiss him.

Considering how little competitive football he's played over the last year he looked very sharp for England U21s against Denmark and Italy and notched 4 goals in those 2 games. People are dismissing him far too readily IMO. I'm not saying he'd definitely set the world on fire for us, but I think he'd be a promising acquisition if he could be brought in on a permanent basis, especially if it was under £10m.

This is perfectly sound logic, however it doesn't take into account my biggest fear of signing him and that is the detriment to our u-23 strikers that may cause. I doubt he's good enough to replace Murray, and the last thing we need to do is spend 10 million quid on an okay striker when we have two (connolly and gyokeres) very talented u-23 players who may be in the first team soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here