Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] That Bros documentary

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was billed on radio 5 as car crash telly, a cross between The Office and Spinal Tap. Sounded good to me....downloaded off the iPlayer....

What utter bollocks. It was a touching and beautifully made fly on the wall documentary. The two brothers were lovely. Well done, them.

And this is still an amazing track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvQTTA9raJU

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It was interesting but describing them as lovely? I can’t recall which one is Luke or Matt but I thought the drummer brother was a fairly decent one and seemed on the whole quite level headed apart from a rehearsal tantrum where he was shouting down a room full of clearlybfar more experienced and talented session musicians than he could ever hope to be. The singer though was a self obsessed fool. Some of his analogies were very spinal tap.
It was interesting but I’d go along with the comparison to a car crash. The argument in the the green room before This Morning was a particular 12 car pile up.

It did make me chuckle how they were dressing in Soundgarden and Metallica shirts and generally treating the whole affair as if they were about to embark on a rock odyssey and then bounce onstage to “when will I be famous”.

I did find the whole thing rather cringe.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It was billed on radio 5 as car crash telly, a cross between The Office and Spinal Tap. Sounded good to me....downloaded off the iPlayer....

What utter bollocks. It was a touching and beautifully made fly on the wall documentary. The two brothers were lovely. Well done, them.

And this is still an amazing track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvQTTA9raJU

:O Brilliant HWT, you nearly got me there! Didn't see any media reviews but they're bang on the money. It's really is a cross between The Office and Spinal Tap. Essential viewing and brilliantly funny.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I refused to be superstitious, all because of Stevie Wonder.
A line similar to that was a bit of a classic in this twin-resenting tale of those Jacksonesque (but with a 100th of the talent) types of stars who don't seem to have been able to develop.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One of them was doing okay in B movie roles. They just can’t let it go though I suppose and yearn for the days of screaming teenagers in mini skirts with crimped hair. But as the Brothers have aged so too have their fans and the years have not been kind.

I also question the part where one bro says that London was where he was from “Big Ben, the South Bank, those are my places”. Well what were they doing a few years above me in Collingwood junior school, Camberley, Surrey? Seems a bit of a commute for junior school?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
One of them was doing okay in B movie roles. They just can’t let it go though I suppose and yearn for the days of screaming teenagers in mini skirts with crimped hair. But as the Brothers have aged so too have their fans and the years have not been kind.

I also question the part where one bro says that London was where he was from “Big Ben, the South Bank, those are my places”. Well what were they doing a few years above me in Collingwood junior school, Camberley, Surrey? Seems a bit of a commute for junior school?

Well they definatly strutted their stuff in Ragamuffins in Camberley before they were famous.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you're not into streaming or downloading, it will air on bbc4 very late Monday Night/very early Tuesday morning

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Just watched it and I'm genuinely not certain of whether it's a deliberate spoof or not. If they've deliberately done that, it's well acted. The re-writing of their history from middle-class Camberley-ites to poor South Londoners who couldn't even afford a dartboard (they could only affort one dart :) ) seems to suggest it's a deliberate spoof, but would they spoof about the loss of their sister and Mum? Seems a bit callous if so.
Somewhat perplexed by it...

(edit - I've been in Ragamuffins too!)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just watched it and I'm genuinely not certain of whether it's a deliberate spoof or not. If they've deliberately done that, it's well acted. The re-writing of their history from middle-class Camberley-ites to poor South Londoners who couldn't even afford a dartboard (they could only affort one dart :) ) seems to suggest it's a deliberate spoof, but would they spoof about the loss of their sister and Mum? Seems a bit callous if so.
Somewhat perplexed by it...

(edit - I've been in Ragamuffins too!)

I’d love to think it was a spoof but sadly I think they meant every mawkish, delusional word.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A great piece of TV. I wonder how they felt about the editing. I have a feeling Matt felt he was profound and Luke felt he could have got more airtime. I just feel so sorry for Craig!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
A great piece of TV. I wonder how they felt about the editing. I have a feeling Matt felt he was profound and Luke felt he could have got more airtime. I just feel so sorry for Craig!

Craig became a senior exec at Sony (I think), who made a right mess of the music industry.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Craig became a senior exec at Sony (I think), who made a right mess of the music industry.

He's probably the most successful one.

It's a bit harsh to blame the music industry for it's own demise, technology f##### them.

The comparative file size of music (audio) and video is vast. This gave the TV industry time to prepare against piracy after watching the music industry destroyed,

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Got half way through and have still to go back. Thought Matt seemed a knob, Luke less so. Hey, what do I know :shrug:

Ps, it was no spoof

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
CthJhTDWgAAdLev.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here