Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Their problem is lack of knowledge of the PL by their Manager. He has recruited players that were good Championship players and carried them into the PL like Van La Para and Nakki Wells. They should have dropped them like a hot potato as soon as they got promoted and replaced them with better because they are taking up squad places although they might be getting wise to that now.

They continually shoot from distance because they can't counter attack quick enough to catch teams out on the ''turnover of possession'' and their strikers snatch at chances. Murray is not as good a player as their strikers but he is calmness personified and he doesn't miss many opportunities when they fall to him. We also have one of the best defensive partnerships in the league.

Huddersfield need to get good transfer business done in January or they are ''goners'' along with Burnley because all their scrappy 1-0 wins with goals from corners and free kicks have all but dried up. They haven't ''evolved as a squad since they have come up and that has made them and Huddersfield all to predictable.

Contrast that with ourselves and you see a team whose Championship star men are starting to become squad players. Our recruitment has been far more measured and we have tended to integrate the new arrivals a more sustainable pace so that not to upset the rythmn of the match day squad

With all due respect (you know what's coming now) that has to be one of the strangest assertions I've ever read. Murray is by definition better than their strikers because, unlike them, he strikes. The calmness you seem to consider by-the-way is part of what makes him so successful as a goalscorer. And better than all their so-called strikers put together. Unless striking opponents' shins counts.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Correct, they got lucky after three drab draws in the play offs.

The fact we scored 74 goals that season and still upgraded almost all our attackers in the subsequent 12 months shows how far we were and still are ahead of them.

They were promoted with a minus GD. First time that has happened i believe.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
With all due respect (you know what's coming now) that has to be one of the strangest assertions I've ever read. Murray is by definition better than their strikers because, unlike them, he strikes. The calmness you seem to consider by-the-way is part of what makes him so successful as a goalscorer. And better than all their so-called strikers put together. Unless striking opponents' shins counts.

I used the terminology better player Not better striker - It is possible to be a very good footballer but not necessarily be the most efficient at hitting the back of the net.

Timing, composure, bravery, calmness, dedication etc all come into the equation. There are thousands of brilliant footballers over the last 50 years or so who are better footballers than Glen Murray but who have dropped out of the game and failed to be a success.

Stumpy Tim

No it doesn't - My logic suggests that players not capable of making the step up to the PL should have been ditched sharpish and I alluded to the fact that Wagner didn't have enough knowledge of the PL to know who could and who couldn't make the step up

That's easy with hindsight. Let's not forget the efforts the club went to in trying to replace Murray in the first transfer window

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Really don’t like them and hope they go down. They seem to have many fans who have it in for us for no reason - presumably because we ended up comfortably ahead of them in the promotion season. Oddballs. And their attendances were appalling before they started doing well.

Clackers, that's enough for me! Should be a 3 point deduction

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Really don’t like them and hope they go down. They seem to have many fans who have it in for us for no reason - presumably because we ended up comfortably ahead of them in the promotion season. Oddballs. And their attendances were appalling before they started doing well.

I have noticed this a lot. They have a fair few fans who just cannot give us any credit at all.

This is why they went into a major meltdown when we beat them recently. From the manager down they had already inked in a guaranteed 3 points against us, and when they lost they just couldn't handle it.

Baffling. I really don't know why they ( in general ) have such a downer on us.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You beat me to it.

Very good post until that sentence.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
If we stay up Mooy and Pritchard would improve our squad

I would love to have Mooy in our squad, and it could be a real possibility if they went down due to the Aussie connection with Maty Ryan. But you can forget Pritchard - the ‘no dickhead’ policy rules him out !

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't know if it's on this thread, but the Hudds Chairman Dean Hoyle appears to have a serious illness (possibly). DATM forum has stopped posters from creating threads about him, but Twitter, as you'd expect, has speculative tweets. He is like Tony Bloom is to the Albion, and if this is the case, it would likely be a disaster for the football club. If it is true, I wish him well and hope that he can somehow recover.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I never have got why many on NSC has such a thing for Mooy.

When he was last available on the transfer market he'd have cost:-

£3m less than than Propper
£2m more than Bissouma
£7m more than Gross.

Wouldn't have fitted the team as well as Stephens, so he would have been direct competition for Kayal's place.

He hardly fits the 'buy better' manta, does he?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I never have got why many on NSC has such a thing for Mooy.

When he was last available on the transfer market he'd have cost:-

£3m less than than Propper
£2m more than Bissouma
£7m more than Gross.

Wouldn't have fitted the team as well as Stephens, so he would have been direct competition for Kayal's place.

He hardly fits the 'buy better' manta, does he?

Was good last season, nothing special this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here