Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] “Speedy boarders; also known as tossers”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Overheard by a grumpy punter* at Gatwick. Harsh? Or accurate?

* who I presume isn’t a speedy boarder.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
A comment made as a result of jealousy, probably.

Most 'speedy boarders' are regular and seasoned travellers. Regular and seasoned travellers on the whole no longer enjoy travel. As a result, they usually look miserable and negative.

Miserable and negative looking people never attract positive comments!

That's my take on it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't do it but travelling back and forward to Tenerife I should do. Unfortunately Easyjet are too slack on monitoring hand baggage so by the time us cheapo's get on there's often no space left for hand baggage resulting in the need to put in hold.

Pi$$es me off ... knowing a whole bunch of those who ram the overhead bins also have bags checked in

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Only used Easy Jet once. Priority passengers first through gate and on to transfer coach where they all stood in the doorway blocking access to others. Hilarious

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I love the Easyjet punters queueing at the gate before their plane's even landed. And all so they can stow their industrial size 'cabin baggage' in the overhead locker.

Jan 30, 2008
I love the Easyjet punters queueing at the gate before their plane's even landed. And all so they can stow their industrial size 'cabin baggage' in the overhead locker.
Chap got refused at Heraklion last year for oversize cabin luggage STILL ARGUING WITH STAFF AND THREATEND WITH GREEK POLICE INTERVENTION …………….. missed his flight
regards
DR

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Extra leg room, and able to sit together.

Not true with Easyjet anymore though, For a few years now everybody has the chance to reserve a specific seat when they book their flights at no extra cost. For that reason paying for Speedy Boarding too, seems pretty pointless to me, as everyone has a specific reserved seat anyway.

The only exception to this, as someone else pointed out, is if they want to be 100% sure of being able to find space for their hand baggage in the cabin, as on very busy flights they sometimes have to be fitted into the hold.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Always have speedy boarding. Ridiculously long legs mean I need an exit seat so it comes by default (after paying a fair bit extra for the exit seats by the way). And because I have an exit seat any bags need to go in the overhead locker so I get on nice and early so I can pop it in right by my seat and relax watching everyone else trying to find a spot for their cases. I may also be a tosser but the two aren't necessarily linked!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not true with Easyjet anymore though, For a few years now everybody has the chance to reserve a specific seat when they book their flights at no extra cost.

Not so sure about that. Certainly wasn't the case when I reserved a couple of seats this morning. OK, only cost a couple of quid per seat but certainly wasn't free.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A comment made as a result of jealousy, probably.

Most 'speedy boarders' are regular and seasoned travellers. Regular and seasoned travellers on the whole no longer enjoy travel. As a result, they usually look miserable and negative.

Miserable and negative looking people never attract positive comments!

That's my take on it.

Mine too. And I quite like someone who’s prepared to subsidise my travel!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here