Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] “Speedy boarders; also known as tossers”

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I enjoy watching the speedy i must be on first and have my legroom tossers.
I watched 633 Squadron yesterday, there was not much legroom for 2 people in that Mosquito cockpit was there, and they had a bit more than a bit of scar tissue on their knee to worry about.
Many of the British have changed from sensible cool travellers in to snowflake, pissed up, selfish, gloating, tossers.

Not sure where the 633 squadron comes into it as the last time I flew to Munich on easyJet we weren’t on a bombing run (however tempting it may have been). For unpleasant flying the tail gunner of the Lancaster takes the prize. He couldn’t wear his parachute whilst in position .... if it’s to point out that the armed forces have it tough then been there, t-shirt, etc.

FWIW, One thing I learnt in the RN was that if you could make life easier you did. For me extra legroom falls into that category. At £12.99 (which the company picks up) and not being in pain is cheap at half the price, if that makes me a tosser/snowflake/etc then so be it.

I would agree that the behaviour of travellers has got worse over the last few years but that’s almost always down to drink. Coming back from Munich during Oktoberfest is a bit of an eye opener!
The worst flight must be the airlingus Munich to Dublin at 21:30, carnage, absolute carnage.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed it is. Anything that is legal is fair game for punters, unless they have a conscience.

Well that's me told then. As a result of your flight shaming I have thrashed myself soundly with the whipping stick and revised my Arctic travel plans.

I'm going now. I may be some time.

buffalo-blizzard-sad-cold-person.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well that's me told then. As a result of your flight shaming I have thrashed myself soundly with the whipping stick and revised my Arctic travel plans.

I'm going now. I may be some time.

buffalo-blizzard-sad-cold-person.jpg

That’s how I imagine Britain post 29th March.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I dont pay for Speedy Boarding. It comes automatically with booking the extra legroom seats.
I have long legs, being 6ft 3in, and my wifes suffers with Fibromyalgia so the extra room for her enables her to change her seating positions on a flight.
We dont worry about getting on first because our seats are reserved.
The other benefits are the extra hand luggage bag allowed for extra legroom seats and also the quick bag drop when arriving to check in rather than queing
in the Z queue for ages moving you cases 5 feet every 2 minutes.
Speedy Boarding is just a benefit for booking the dearer/preferable seats as far as i'm concearned.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Reckon the budget airline cabin baggage policy should be reversed completely. Pay a premium to bring your luggage on board, or put it in the hold for free. Customer behaviour would change overnight, making it less of a scrum for everyone.

The whole situation is out of control. US domestic makes European short haul seem like going skiing with the Kardashians in a private jet by comparison.

This insane situation where you have people cramming a weeks worth of clothes into a bin designed for a bottle of whisky 200 bensons and a handbag, to save 50 quid, actively encouraged by the carrier, is just an utter farce.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
my goodness .....easyjet has allowed the 21st century c**tathon to extend to air travel ......down to their pure laziness, doesn't had luggage have to be below a certain size and only one piece per passenger....??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here