Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Unai Emery

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well as the ban on soft drink tops for fans has come into force then the drinks bottles for players will have to be replaced by paper cups

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Shirley not, but everyone does absolutely love to be "outraged" these days.. :rolleyes:

Thank goodness the fan it hit wasn't Disabled, BAME or otherwise. Emery would have been sacked, Arsenal would have been deducted 36 points and the fan would have been awarded £1.2m from the GoFundMe page, plus a VIP tour of the Emirates.

I'm joking btw. Just labouring the point. :glare:

You forget that Arsenal are one of the big teams, so normal rules do not apply.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I thought he conducted himself well on the touchline. There was one occasion where the ball went out for an Albion throw in close to him. Rather than the standard opposition manager reaction of letting the ball carry on into the wall, to stop us taking a quick throw in, he just picked the ball up by his feet and immediately gave the ball to Montoya (?). Also he shook hands and had a brief word with Bruno after greeting CG before the game.

Obviously in hindsight he would have preferred not to have kicked the water bottle, but he did walk over and apologise immediately and again on the full time whistle. Personally I would hope if the FA need to anything they just warn him to refrain from kicking water bottles in the future

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This fella also threw the ball back to us to take a quick throw, seems classy and apologised straight away and again after for the accident. Good on him.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Are we not in danger of taking all the passion out of football?

Emery charged with kicking a water bottle in frustration. Wasn't targeted at anybody but still gets charged by the fat cat suits at Lancaster gate.

Seems unnecessary to me

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And quite right - I saw the anger on his face, just as he walloped the bottle (which was full of water). Sadly he caught it just right and it rose over the barriers and hit a fan. We've seen plenty of managers lose their shit in the dug out, but never in the years at the Amex have I seen one do that. It was reckless, and could have caused injury.

I appreciate that he was angry, and that he apologised after the incident and at the end of the game, but the speed with which he kicked it could have done more damage then it did.

You are right...it could have hit someone in the face killing them, then bouncing into another person and killing them, causing panic in the stands and many casualties.

I am absolutely OUTRAGED and he should be sacked and as we were all there and witnessed it we should all get COMPENSATION from the club, the FA, the PREMIER league, EUFA, the caterers and every one.

FFS. get a ****ing grip!

FFS

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gus got sent to the stand & fined for kicking water bottle over, and so did Wenger at Old Trafford.

The FA are ridiculous.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Are we not in danger of taking all the passion out of football?

Emery charged with kicking a water bottle in frustration. Wasn't targeted at anybody but still gets charged by the fat cat suits at Lancaster gate.

Seems unnecessary to me

To quote the BBC article
Former Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho was given a one-match ban after being sent off for kicking a water bottle down the touchline during his side's Premier League game against West Ham in 2016.

This didn't hit anyone but he was still charged and banned, the FA would have had to consider this when deciding if they charged Emery as the precedent had been set by their actions regarding that incident

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
..... the FA would have had to consider this when deciding if they charged Emery as the precedent had been set by their actions regarding that incident

I think the technique and accuracy of the kick should be taken into account. He could teach his players a thing or two. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here