Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Unai Emery

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
FA showing zero tolerance to managers small transgressions (happy or angry) in the heat of the moment. Part of their Respect campaign I guess. Whilst players seem to have so much more scope to do a bunch of gamesmanship stuff.

Shame they don't come down hard on refs that fail to acknowledge mistakes!!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bloody ridiculous. It should just be between Emery and the fan he accidentally hit. If the FA had to get involved (and they didn't) they should have asked for a 'victim' statement from the fan - and if the statement came back, 'no, you're OK, no harm done, no hard feelings', then that should be the end of it.
Still, the fine's only small change to him, I suppose, like you or me getting fined twenty quid - bit of a bugger, but just pay it and move on, wtf.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This is what happens when the stewards miss people with full capped water bottles. Think of the damage you could do with a flask.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bloody ridiculous. It should just be between Emery and the fan he accidentally hit. If the FA had to get involved (and they didn't) they should have asked for a 'victim' statement from the fan - and if the statement came back, 'no, you're OK, no harm done, no hard feelings', then that should be the end of it.
Still, the fine's only small change to him, I suppose, like you or me getting fined twenty quid - bit of a bugger, but just pay it and move on, wtf.

At least two managers have been banned from their technical areas and had match bans for the same thing, plus red cards. He got off lightly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At least two managers have been banned from their technical areas and had match bans for the same thing, plus red cards. He got off lightly.
Yes, £8,000 was getting off lightly. Only trouble with that was, he had done nothing to warrant getting off lightly from. IMHO. Not that that will cut any ice with you...........

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, £8,000 was getting off lightly. Only trouble with that was, he had done nothing to warrant getting off lightly from. IMHO. Not that that will cut any ice with you...........

Cut any ice? What on earth are you talking about? I don't agree with managers getting fined thousands by an FA full of suits, who are raking in millions, and putting none of it into grassroots football, for a small outburst of frustration.

All I was doing was pointing out that it's not a new thing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I agree with this sanction 100%.

Standards of behaviour by some football managers are pathetic. Left unchecked they would just gradually get even worse.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Sadly I don’t think the FA had much choice.

Did he mean to hit a fan ? No
Did he mean to kick the bottle ? Yes

The fact the fan was unhurt isn’t really relevant to him being punished, he could have been which is the point. And the FA have to judge it on previous similar incidents which they have dealt with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here