Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The wind farm off Brighton

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
People who oppose wind farms and the like should have their electricity cut off at the weekend.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Thread turned into an 'emotional' (I dont like it, it spoils my view), to 'practical' (it makes common sense for the planet) debate.
'emotional' people have given us brexit, so I think ill go with the 'practical'

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Thread turned into an 'emotional' (I dont like it, it spoils my view), to 'practical' (it makes common sense for the planet) debate.
'emotional' people have given us brexit, so I think ill go with the 'practical'

I have a foot in both camps - Obviously great for the planet but such a shame that the great emptiness of the sea, the unknown of what's beyond the horizon is taken away by them. I'd rather they had been on the downs personally.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That wind farm makes the view and horizon more interesting in my opinion. Can't understand why some don't like it.

Jul 7, 2003
I have just spent the past half hour or so watching the blades slowly and hypnotically turn against a bright horizon. It’s a thing of beauty.
'tis off of Worthing my friend - not Brighton. If you ever get to cruise up the English Channel, it looks quite impressive from the other side as well, helping you understand where you are as it sits between the bright lights of Brighton and the more subtle delights of West Sussex.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Absolutely ruins the view. Don't get back often these days but was really disappointed to see it. But I suppose it's made all your electricity bills cheaper right ... A blight.

They're not ugly at all, and certainly better than steel pylons.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Were energy bills meant to have fallen as a result of this wind farm? Asking for a friend.
No, no they weren't (they went up to pay for the cost of the infrastructure).

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
You can imagine NSC in 1899
We don't need another pier, it's ugly and why name it like that?
Or
It's fantastic, good architecture and they haven't been formed yet.
And
This is good stuff, I can see my house from here, the stars twinkle brightly
:shrug:
Fast forward to present day, I like the view. It adds extra interest to a rather bland horizon

Jul 7, 2003
Look at a map. They can be seen from Seaford as well as Worthing. The coastline is curved as is the wind farm.

They can be seen from France on a clear day but nobody is claiming them for the French.

Cables come in from the sea in the Borough of Worthing, therefore they belong to Worthing:kiss:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
helping to save the planet perhaps- renewables arent necessarily cheaper but in the long run do far less damage to the climate
I did know that already btw

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here