Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It’s a special day today!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not at Brighton or Hove they weren't! And even if Fulham had commissioned their own train for their supporters, it wouldn't have been from the LNER.

Do you work in the film industry by any chance? - I believe they employ people to find shots of inappropriate trains when train scenes are needed.

. LOL. One of my clients does that for a living. Wait till I tell her she can't get trains right. Then again Southern Rail still getting it wrong to this day

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
. LOL. One of my clients does that for a living. Wait till I tell her she can't get trains right. Then again Southern Rail still getting it wrong to this day
Don't know about still getting it wrong. Back in 1958 BR ran a full service on Christmas Day, and there would have been absolutely no problem getting a train home after a Boxing Day match.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not in 1958 it wouldn't have been a 4-CEP - these new units were originally employed on the Kent lines only. The coastal services would have been 4-LAVs, 2-BILS and 2-HALs, and the match day post-match Hove - Brighton special was often a 6-PAN or a 4-COR.

I bow to your superior knowledge.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Do you work in the film industry by any chance? - I believe they employ people to find shots of inappropriate trains when train scenes are needed.

I do actually! I work in the "Google 1953 trains and quickly get a picture up before someone else has the same idea, yours is the second post, and you look a total lemon" Department.

The "thorough research and correct image posting" is all farmed out to the Pedantry Department, who have much more time on their hands. :kiss:

Noah All

Jan 2, 2018
The shed
I was there in the front (standing) part of the South stand, with my uncle and although he was on the stout side there was still room for a few more spectators where we were!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I do actually! I work in the "Google 1953 trains and quickly get a picture up before someone else has the same idea, yours is the second post, and you look a total lemon" Department.

The "thorough research and correct image posting" is all farmed out to the Pedantry Department, who have much more time on their hands. :kiss:
OK. Might have been slightly less bad if you'd Googled the right year though...............
:lol:
:

I love the way they used to post the expected ticket sales on the front of the train
I feel the need to point out that this is a former South Eastern & Chatham Railway "H" class 0-4-4 tank locomotive. You can ride behind the sole surviving member of the class on the Bluebell Railway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here