Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Christmas day drinking official match thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just had a pint of Yakima Valley 7 % at Brooksteed…. made it home now on to G&T's

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A glass of mulled wine so far

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Nyetimber to start, fine sparkling wine from Sussex. Followed by a nice South African red - Meerlust Rubicon and now onto the beers, starting with Delirium Noel.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Started on the port about 11, went on to red wine up to and through diner.
Well alight now and got a keg of Ghost Ship to see me through to bedtime.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I spotted in town the Duke of Wellington is open all day today until 11pm. Thought that was a nice thing to do as I’m guessing not everyone wants to be at home on Christmas Day (and they probably make money :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Buck’s Fizz, mulled wine, a couple of bottles of Burning Sky Arise, just about to finish my 2nd Burning Sky Hiver before cracking open a bottle of Rathfinny fizz for the toast with dinner. It’ll be a kiwi Pinot Gris with the turkey and then onto a Rioja gran reserva, then port with the cheese!
:drink: :cheers:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Had the latest BEER52 delivery made in the past week and it's all still sitting untouched in the fridge.
This month's offers were from West Country breweries. My problem is the link between alcohol and my medical condition which has been diagnosed as Atrial Flutter. I've had three stays in the past year in ITU/HDU Emergency Room and Cardio Vascular wards. Original thought last October to January were that the AF was attributal to pneumonia but I've since had two more admittances in past three months where pneumonia was not present. All the signs therefore according to hospital consultants pointed towards .the odd binge.
I'm therefore discouraged from even thinking of a beer no matter how much I like a drink and am enjoying diet coke coffee tea cup a soup etc. This is not a moan btw but to some other posters whom I know.
Cheers guys enjoy your day.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
a Bit of fizz to start the day, mulled wine, red wine, dessert wine, beer, more wine, port and finish the day on bourbon. Repeat Boxing Day and detox on 27th

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A couple of snowballs, some Italian red and a glass of Madeira.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Taitinger. Moët. Verve cliquot. Oh and some craft beer

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I've gone alcohol free today for the first Christmas Day since my teens. No particular reason, just didn't fancy it. And I have to say, I've enjoyed the day a hundred times more than normal for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here