Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Happy Christmas Dad and to all the other Dad’s that are no longer with us

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
18 years since that last time I had Christmas with dad, it will be 19 years in early January on my birthday since his passing, always a bitter sweet time of year, gone physically but never ever forgotten.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I’ll be remembering mine tomorrow, he took me to my first Albion game 60 years ago. He absolutely hated it, so paid for me to go with my mates until I was old enough to do a paper round and pay for myself.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
30 years since my old man passed away. Eight Christmases since I saw my daughter but live in hope.

Family can be a pain at times, but bite your lip, they’re a long time gone.

Peace, love and light NSC.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I’ll be remembering mine tomorrow, he took me to my first Albion game 60 years ago. He absolutely hated it, so paid for me to go with my mates until I was old enough to do a paper round and pay for myself.

Strange -my first Albion match was 60 years ago coming up very soon, and whilst my dad loved football, he wasn't quite as keen as I turned out to be on the Albion, but nevertheless took me on that wonderful day, when we beat Bristol City 5-1.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
18years last 11th December

Sleep tight dad

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Strange -my first Albion match was 60 years ago coming up very soon, and whilst my dad loved football, he wasn't quite as keen as I turned out to be on the Albion, but nevertheless took me on that wonderful day, when we beat Bristol City 5-1.

Just realised my first game was 60 years ago too. Dad took me, along with my uncle, who was a Bristol Rovers supporter (our opponents that day). Peace was maintained as we drew 1-1. I got sore sitting on the barriers. But it was the start of a lifelong relationship. Thanks dad.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Thanks for starting this thread. Nearly 17 years since my dad passed. Lovely man, still miss him and wish I had spent more time with him - his passing made me focus more on the family. Spend more time with them while you can.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
14 Dec 2017 Dad decided on an an early night and never woke up.
He wouldn’t want us to be sad but to enjoy what we have. Thinking of you. RIP.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
First, and probably last, post on this site. One year and two months. Miss you like you wouldn’t believe. Spending Christmas with your beautiful grandchildren.

If you are the real Adrian Owers, then you were great with my kids Stewart and Kevin when they were young and learning about being Albion supporters.
Either way, best wishes to you and your kids and thanks for sharing your memories.

As for mine, I lost him sixty years ago when my mother left him and he died 24 years ago, before I had been able to track him down.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
10 years ago on Halloween. hate that day now.

RIP dad, even if you were a Spurs fan x

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A mere 10 Christmases with him until his heart gave way at such a young age. I haven't given it a lot of thought for a couple of decades or more, but, now with mini-Meade at coming up to 1 and a half and joyously lunatic, i wish he was there to share the view.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
27 years ago last friday................... AND he owed me a fiver

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here