Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Merry Christmas one and all
Here's to a 5-0 victory tomorrow:drink::whisky:

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been flitting in and out of NSC for nearly 20 years, met lots of good people, and a damned good wife, lost a few on the way too, life's not perfect, just like football.

happy Christmas and UTA!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Merry Christmas from the land of maple syrup!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Christmas season has come particularly early to Sussex this year, The Old Ship Hotel has a Christmas tree up already.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17893737.never-early-hotel-christmas-tree-already/

A CHRISTMAS tree has been spotted – 105 days before December 25.

Decked out with baubles, fairy lights and a gold star, the tree appeared in the lobby of The Old Ship hotel on Brighton seafront last week.

Manager Jason Bramwell said: “It’s never too early. I know it’s 105 days before Christmas – but it’s not long now. I’m feeling Christmassy.”

Mr Bramwell said he will be catering for some 2,500 dinners over the holiday season, and hopes to encourage customers to book their tables for Christmas dinner. He began putting together brochures for the meals in May.

He said: “People in the hospitality sector have to start thinking now. Christmas is an all-year-round event for the hotel.”

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I've just got back from London, watching the BBC's Live At The Apollo Christmas "special" being filmed. Thought it would have had bigger comedians on, being the Christmas edition, but still very enjoyable. Sara Pascoe hosted and was good as ever; the first comedian she introduced was Chris McCausland who was very good - not heard of him before, but very entertaining routine. He was followed by Flo & Jo (or was it Jo & Flo?) who left me pretty cold... they do songs with amusing lyrics, and think they did a couple of adverts for someone (Nationwide?) that irritated me. There did seem a palpable feeling of disappointment in the Hammersmith Odeon (I'm a traditionalist over its name!!) about the line-up, and we had no idea who would be on the bill when we applied for tickets - which were free, to be fair. They're filming the full series over the next day or so...

Oh and despite the odd person who wore a Christmas jumper, or Christmas hat, as suggested by the studio audience ticketing people, and the backdrop saying "Noel at the Apollo" with a sprig of holly, it really didn't feel Christmassy...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here