Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Biggest Up Themselves TV Presenter?

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Jeremy Vine - perhaps more mediocre than up himself, but deserves a mention in this thread anyhow

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
BBC Breakfast’s Louise Minchin - used to be modest, but these days we’re constantly told about her Triaflon brilliance and she has an interrupting interview style. She’s not meant to be the news.

Jake Humphrey - used to a good up and coming BBC sports presenter. But now on millions at BT, it”s all about him, talking over far superior guests such as Rio Ferdinand.

(I put all the above down to Keys & Gray Syndrome ... an arrogance that afflicts some presenters with the passage of time).

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Piers Morgan is a weapons grade **** but kudos to Clarkson for punching him in his smarmy plastic gob after he made a derogatory remark about JC's wife at some TV awards

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Honourable mention in the world of radio - where irritating personality seems to be necessary for the job - must go to Nick Grimshaw.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, can't agree with that. he lives, eats and breathes film in all its forms. Even if he himself dislikes a film he always explains why, and how it failed for him but applauds the writer/director for trying . He will also re-visit a film and view it from the perspective of other peoples viewing and if he is still unsure he will say along the lines of " The film did not work for me but, you go, see it for yourself and you will either feel the same or come away with different feelings."

And introduced the Comsat Angels on stage at their first reunion gig in Sheffield that I was at.....ten bloody years ago....how time flies.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For me, has to be Mark Kermode, the DOYEN of up themselves TV Presenters

You?
Good shout. That ghastly film review show on Friday afternoons and repeated every time I get in the bloody car and put Radio 5 on. Boring drivel about boring films I have no intention of ever watching. "The quality of the light" and other banalities ..................... pffft!

However, he still can't hold a candle to the sheer awfulness of Lovejoy.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Andrew Neil, unfortunately once you've worked for a Murdoch paper you are damaged goods...

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Piers is in a class of his own but special mention for James O'Brien who disappeared up his own back passage some months ago.

Ah yes,I forgot about James O'Brien, who has got to be one of the smuggest presenters ever to 'grace' our airways.
I've hardly ever seen him on the telly, but have tried listening to his radio show when in the car. Can't take too much of it, though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
THe woman that does the sports news on BBC1, no idea what her name is, long straight brown hair. I find her so irritating, such a F-word know it all

Sally Nugent.

Piers Morgen, no contest even though others mentioned are close.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Susanna Reid. So in love with herself.
Naga monchetty.
Schofield.
Kay Burley deluded by her own importance. Crap presenter too.
Lineker.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Piers is in a class of his own but special mention for James O'Brien who disappeared up his own back passage some months ago.

Hell, yes....the personification of smugness and arrogance. Makes no attempt at any balanced debate on his show. Fawns over anyone who wants to remain in the EU. Derides leavers as headbangers and idiots. Ferrari ( who precedes him ) clearly favours leaving but at least tries to have a balanced conversation with those who think differently. O'Brien lasts about 20 seconds before the insults start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here