Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] How far past the use by date would you eat a ....

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Dunno , and truth be told i thought a mince pie contained meat up until i actually tried one in my early twenties , daft name , false advertising , Ban them i say .

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Not a mince pie, but a few weeks ago I was working from home and had nothing in the fridge for lunch. After a root around in the garage I found a box of Vesta "Beef" Curry. As I was fed a lot of this in the 60's I thought I would take a trip down memory lane. However, I didn't get as far back as the 60's only Nov 2011 when it expired. That'll teach me to check the label before eating. And it tasted like shit :-(

84D4961C-2459-4A61-BD22-1F1E62FBAAE9.jpeg66D92D8E-1819-403D-9CD9-B8308DCD8309.jpeg

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Not a mince pie, but a few weeks ago I was working from home and had nothing in the fridge for lunch. After a root around in the garage I found a box of Vesta "Beef" Curry. As I was fed a lot of this in the 60's I thought I would take a trip down memory lane. However, I didn't get as far back as the 60's only Nov 2011 when it expired. That'll teach me to check the label before eating. And it tasted like shit :-(

View attachment 103251View attachment 103252

It would have tasted shit in 2011

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dunno , and truth be told i thought a mince pie contained meat up until i actually tried one in my early twenties , daft name , false advertising , Ban them i say .

You know you can mince things that aren’t meat, don’t you?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

They did originally contain meat, now they just contain suet so at least there's a bit of dead animal in there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here