Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool F.C.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
From a purely footballing / entertainment perspective they are a joy to watch. The front three are incredible and Van Dijk must be the best centre back in the world right now. And I love Klopp, I really do.

From a city perspective it's a bit of a mixed bag. Great place to go out in and a lot of friendly people to be sure but that reputation for thieving is well deserved Had a cabby try and rip us off and overcharged in two separate pubs in one night. Honestly met much better people in Manchester.

As for them as a club I am slowly going off them. Mostly because I have two Liverpool supporting mates. One has a share of a season ticket, goes regularly and keeps schtum in person and on social media. The other has probably never been to Anfield and yet plasters his Facebook with LFC crap 24/7.

I would much rather see Liverpool and Citeh dominating the league than Man utd and Chelsea. Would like to see Spurs win it out of the big teams though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've spent quite a bit of time in Liverpool too. I really don't think it's any more/less friendly than anywhere else (I've always found the mantra that northerners are friendlier than southerners etc a myth though tbh having lived around the country). Having said that I do quite like Liverpool as a club. Would much prefer them to win the league than City

I’ve found the folk in northern England and Scotland in the main to very friendly, including Sousers. Many good times spent in pubs and clubs in various towns, I’ve only ever met with friendliness.

The one exception the pile of crap that is Middlesbrough.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally, I have always found Liverpool to be one of the friendliest places on Earth and I have a lot of time for scousers and the city itself. I hope they win the league.

You would not have that opinion had you been to Liverpool to watch a football match in the early to mid 80s

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Rare to find a United or Liverpool 'fan' down here that has ever been to OT or Anfield... They know what time Match of the Day is on of course.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Not won the league for 29 years. Embarrassing for a club with their previous pedigree. Cant stand the fawning Liverpool biased press. Like others have said, hate them as much as United.

And their away end is a disgrace!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’ve found the folk in northern England and Scotland in the main to very friendly, including Sousers. Many good times spent in pubs and clubs in various towns, I’ve only ever met with friendliness.

The one exception the pile of crap that is Middlesbrough.

I agree, but I also find the folk in southern england very friendly on the whole! South westerners are great, my partner is from oop north and she thinks sussex and brighton folk are very friendly... Even proper londoners are great if you can find any amongst the millions of tourists/out of towners!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Don't like Scousers (on the whole, I have met exceptions), and I really don't like Liverpool. It's like a little 'bubble' stuck on the side of England, where different rules apply - especially when it comes to thieving.

Probably down to my upbringing in and around Manchester though..... and in fairness, the Mancs aren't that much different in that respect!

I've always found people south of the mersey to be nicer - namely Everton fans. Let's hope they lose gracefully on the 29th and don't let me down... :lolol:

As for the South.. (I'm Northern) - I've always said that a Northerner will befriend you, then decide wether he likes you or not. A Southerner will decide wether he likes you or not first, and if he does - he'll befriend you. Once he does, he'll be a friend for life...

Different dynamic in the South, but I love the South and this is my home. GOSBTS :wave:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It was a Case, that some of the red stuff sprinkled nicely in 1983, for the Albion.
Whereas some blue stuff sprinkled the other way, courtesy of Lawrenson and Robinson.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I used to hate Liverpool when I was growing up in the 70s and 80s, particularly in the days when they all had curly perms and 'tasches.

I don't remember hating Manchester United at the time.

Now I find it hard to 'hate' either of them, and quite like Liverpool...

I also disliked Chelsea and West Ham intensely. That hasn't changed.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Don't like Scousers (on the whole, I have met exceptions), and I really don't like Liverpool. It's like a little 'bubble' stuck on the side of England, where different rules apply - especially when it comes to thieving.

Probably down to my upbringing in and around Manchester though..... and in fairness, the Mancs aren't that much different in that respect!

I've always found people south of the mersey to be nicer - namely Everton fans. Let's hope they lose gracefully on the 29th and don't let me down... :lolol:

As for the South.. (I'm Northern) - I've always said that a Northerner will befriend you, then decide wether he likes you or not. A Southerner will decide wether he likes you or not first, and if he does - he'll befriend you. Once he does, he'll be a friend for life...

Different dynamic in the South, but I love the South and this is my home. GOSBTS :wave:

Interesting perspective!

How come you're Albion if you grew up in Manchester, out of interest?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I prefer Liverpool to Man Utd, as though both clubs have a similar record in terms of trophy's won, Liverpool 5 European cups to United 3- United 20 titles to 18 Liverpool. It seems Man Utd have always had an advantage in terms of finances, being maybe the 'biggest' club in the world and until recently Anfield only having a capacity of around 44,000 compared to Old Trafford. That's why I haven't got much respect for Man City or Chelsea recent achievements.

Not saying Liverpool don't have a financial advantage compared to most clubs, just not as much.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I'm not keen on either, different sides of the same coin but I really don't like Southern reds.

You hear excuses like "my dad supports them", yeah, well, your Dad is a plastic **** too then

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My favourite story about a Scouser happened in Manchester.

We were outside a bar in Chorlton with my mate who's a Manc, his sister and her boyfriend, who is a Scouse. We were discussing travel and holidays when he said to us "I can't go abroad because I'm agrophobic". To which my mate replied - literally as I was about to - "well, you managed to make it from Liverpool to Manchester".

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
As a Southern Scouse, by blood, I found it interesting to read all the posts.
I’m a Liverpool fan of 50 years, brought up in the South and very proud of the fact now living in Cambridgeshire.
I love my double allegiance, both teams have given me both high and low points in my life and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
Although palaces win was a real moral dilemma...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here