Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] He’s gone.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Last time I saw CE he was hobnobbing with Lord March at Goodwood in the drivers club . . . he'll never be posh, think he spends half his time hanging around with that greasey spoon standard cooking bell end James Martin. a match made in hell.

I used to think he was ok, but after he made his come back from the champagne Charlie years he just disappeared up his own arse in an intergalactic way.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
What is it with Radio 2 and all these people from the 90s. I suppose it’s the demographic, radio 2 tracks the real world just 20 years behind.

All those wacky zaniness from the 90s was really tedious at the time. I don’t think Chris Evans has ever uttered anything that’s made me laugh. All that Big Breakfast 90s craziness did my head in at the time I have no need to re-live it. Replacing with your Balls and Coxes is just perpetuating this bad dream where we are stuck in the 90s and Liam Gallagher will stumble pissed out of the Met Bar every night forever and that will be amazing.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I like Radio 2. He ruined the breakfast show. I stopped listening to it with him on. I can now go back and try it again.

I’m fine company on a night out. I find Evans noisy, annoying, fake and sycophantic.
It says a lot about you that
A) you like the idiot
B) you got personal so quickly.

Having said that, have a lovely Christmas and e joy his new show .

Oh, you're going to LOVE Zoe Ball then :nono:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm still trying to get my head round the fact that in the new year the weekend breakfast show on 6 Music will see Mary Anne Hobbs, who is massively annoying but plays great music, replaced by Radcliffe and Maconie who are intelligent and entertaining but play shit music. I just hope Hughie and Craig Charles are staying put.

I struggle with 6Music, in particular Mary Anne Hobbs who just mumbles inanely like Marvin The Paranoid Android and Radcliffe and Maconie who just mumble on equally inanely and forget to PLAY MUSIC which is meant to be the WHOLE POINT of 6 Music. Give me Tom Robinson or Steve Lamacq any time. As for Evans, its the fence for me, never listened much before and won't go out of my way to find him now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Does he still bang on about his car collection?

When I have listened to his radio show, when I'm not in charge of the radio I might add, it hasn't taken him long to start bragging about something like his cars.

In the unfortunate moments before I spin the dial to escape CE, his cars, golf and celeb buddies often feature. zzzzzz

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What is it with Radio 2 and all these people from the 90s. I suppose it’s the demographic, radio 2 tracks the real world just 20 years behind.

All those wacky zaniness from the 90s was really tedious at the time. I don’t think Chris Evans has ever uttered anything that’s made me laugh. All that Big Breakfast 90s craziness did my head in at the time I have no need to re-live it. Replacing with your Balls and Coxes is just perpetuating this bad dream where we are stuck in the 90s and Liam Gallagher will stumble pissed out of the Met Bar every night forever and that will be amazing.

The 80’s bore Steve Wright and his possie of fellow bores exemplify that.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The ginger noise machine is gone. Maybe we can get back to a bit of calm in the mornings. Bye bye you ginger ****.
Such a fake human.

Blimey .... aggressive or what ? You might want to seek help if a radio DJ does this much damage to you. You see that knob ( on your radio ... not you ) .... you can use it to turn off the problem DJ.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Blimey .... aggressive or what ? You might want to seek help if a radio DJ does this much damage to you. You see that knob ( on your radio ... not you ) .... you can use it to turn off the problem DJ.

Two years of having no choice but to listen to him at work. It turned me into the lunatic you know and love today. Sorry that my thread has upset you so much that you felt the need to comment. If my posts make you and your pals so angry you can click off the thread . Blimey :)

Merry Christmas

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So why did you listen if you hate him so much?

Work.
But that’s a rather silly thing to ask. I never said I listened to him through choice but I know what he’s like.I don’t listen to The Beatles as I don’t like them but I know what they sound like.
I apologise that I have obviously struck upon a rather sensitive subject. There’s a certain type that likes Evans , a sort of Top Gear type of bloke. Very broad taste. And by broad, I mean none.

Anyway, have a lovely Christmas.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Work.
But that’s a rather silly thing to ask. I never said I listened to him through choice but I know what he’s like.I don’t listen to The Beatles as I don’t like them but I know what they sound like.
I apologise that I have obviously struck upon a rather sensitive subject. There’s a certain type that likes Evans , a sort of Top Gear type of bloke. Very broad taste. And by broad, I mean none.

I don't like him, hence I avoid him at all costs. Nothing sensitive about what I said, was just asking a question.

Same to you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Work.

Nope, not a Top Gear kind of bloke, but I like Chris Evans.

Terry Wogan was my favourite though, with his great sense of humour.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nope, not a Top Gear kind of bloke, but I like Chris Evans.

Terry Wogan was my favourite though, with his great sense of humour.

Wogan was a gentle start to the day. Used to listen to R4 until I’d heard the same news too many times , usually around 7.30 I’d switch to R2 for Wogan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here